GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantsy 7 - REVIVED AERIS!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Sun 04/04/04 at 11:10
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hi all,

Ok, so pretty much everyone who's played FF7 knows of the 4 million romoured ways to revive Aeris, despite each and every single one of them being a massive lie... or are they??

apparantly, the first 500 - 1000 (or thereabouts) shipped copies of the translated version of FF7 contained code (intentional or otherwise) that allowed Aeris to return at the Great Crater. There are several locations where you can see a flickering "ghost" of Aeris (like the church in midgar where you first meet her). If you visit them all then when you're in the Great Crater, when you auto-jump across the stome platforms to get the mega-all (i think) materia,if you hit X on the platform that you usually auto-jump straight off, you can stay on it. walk towards the green mako/lifestream "waterfall" in the background and Aeris will reappear and rejoin the party.. the only catch is you can't take her back OUT of the north crater.

Now, i'f i'd just read all that i'd be thinking "bah, sounds like too much work for what's probably a hoax", which is probably what you're thinking right now.. fair enough! :)
but here's the thing, it's absolutely true. i was reluctant to believe it when a mate told me he'd done it (he's an ff nut who bought 7 as soon as it was out), but yesterday i saw it with my own eyes; Aeris, in the Great Crater, in PHS and battle sequences, at level 95.

Of course there's no reason to believe me, but as soon as i can figure out a way of grabbing a Playstation greenshot onto my PC i'll upload one (at which of course, most people will scream "PHOTOSHOP!", there really is no convincing some people ;) , unless i can grab some video from the playstation.. hmmm.... ), or, if you're trusting enough, send me your memory card and i'll copy the game on for you (and no, this isn't an elaborate scam to get a load of memory cards, nor do i actually expect anyone to care enough to send one, but if that's what it takes.... :) )

so there you have it! it is indeed possible, but only on a rare amount of the games apparantly.

maybe it's the same kind of reason that means no matter how hard i try, the "turltes paradise" flyers thing never works for me :)

make of this information what you will, and if i find out that any of the details i gave on how to do it are incorrect, i'll correct them straight away (i have to recheck with my mate)
Wed 07/04/04 at 08:42
Regular
"you've got a beard"
ok, here's the update.
i saw my friend yesterday and he absolutely assures me he didn't use a cheat cart (it's not his style to lie about stuff so i believe him, whether or not you lot do is up to you :) )

the 500 - 1000 thing:
Apparantly Square did a small "test release" of FF7 to see how Playstation RPG's would fare in the UK, one of which was bought by my friend. so it wasn't an interrupted release, it was two seperate releases with this discrepency (like how the Weapons were added for the non-japanese releases).
i've checked this out on a few ff7 sites and the mini release certainly appears to be true.

i have a copy of the saved game and i'll take some screen grabs and (hopefully) video when i get back from holiday next week.

ultimately, it's up to you whether you choose to try this or not, but given that most of us bought the game a long time after the small release copies were gone and will therefore have the "fixed" version i doubt it'll work for most of us. still, it's certainly an explaination for how certain rumours can start but inocuous changes (ie, you can't tell it's a different release just by LOOKING, i don't think the packaging was any different) can render these rumours useless to most users. still, if it IS true, cool eh? :)

(i'll probably put a basic page together with the screen grabs and details on how it was done, etc so i'll post the link here as soon as i have something uploaded. if he has time i'll get my friend to play through all the important bits and video them too.. if for no other reason than i'd like to see it done from scratch as well... )
Tue 06/04/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Darwock wrote:
> Cusack wrote:
> They removed the Hatian missions from Vice City because of the
> lawsuit.
>
> So, are you suggesting somebody was going to sue Sony for the fact
> that Aeris could be revived?!?
>
> no, i think his point was that games ARE sometimes altered after
> release.

Yeah, remember BT sued The Getaway.
Tue 06/04/04 at 11:56
Regular
"you've got a beard"
fair point.
i must admit i don't see how it matters whether she can be brought back or not... but if he DID do it without the cartridge, it'd be pretty cool...
Tue 06/04/04 at 11:52
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yes I know, and my point is that it's only done when it could cost the company even more money to let it go unaltered.
Tue 06/04/04 at 11:24
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Darwock wrote:
> Cusack wrote:
> lawsuit.
>
> So, are you suggesting somebody was going to sue Sony for the fact
> that Aeris could be revived?!?

no, i think his point was that games ARE sometimes altered after release.
Tue 06/04/04 at 11:24
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
She was a doink anyway although her final limit like won the battle for me a load of times and I didnt revive it shows how sad I am.
Tue 06/04/04 at 11:20
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Cusack wrote:
> lawsuit.

So, are you suggesting somebody was going to sue Sony for the fact that Aeris could be revived?!?
Tue 06/04/04 at 09:13
Regular
"you've got a beard"
true enough...
she was highly annoying.

if i find out he used the cheat cart i'm gonna be fed up!!
Tue 06/04/04 at 05:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Why do people still insist with this aeris can be revived rumour, no she flippin can't. The only way to get her back is with the cheat cartridge but that crashes the game after a while anyway. She's dead, Sephiroth killed her, he looked cool doing it and she deserved it for being an annoying fruit. Get over it
Mon 05/04/04 at 22:20
Regular
"Time Up"
Darwock wrote:
> Come off it, the first 500-1000 copies were different.. SURE. Have you
> any idea what would be involved in changing the production run to
> press different code? Just to remove a really obscure secret that
> enables you to get Aeris back (like the accountants would care about
> that).
>
> Your mate probably used action replay and told you he did it this
> other way. It's either in every copy (barring regional differences)
> or it's in none, and it's certainly not in the strategy book.
They removed the Hatian missions from Vice City because of the lawsuit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.