GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pacman Vs."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/04/04 at 11:32
Regular
Anyone got it or played it?

Picked up a copy of the still unplayed R-Racing and have been totally addicted to Pac Man Vs.

My mate Ian, little brother ben and best friend Craig hobbled on round yesterday and we played Pacman Vs. for almost 5 straight hours... with me winning the majority of the games (Ian is a very talented games player so beating him is often a rareity).

Utterly fantastic, and the fact we have a voice over from Mario as well gives it a VERY Nintendo edge "Oh dear", "Pacman got the power pellet", "Only ten pellets left"... you can tell it is a Miyamoto game.

Amazing it has truly regenerated the Pacman series... if you enjoy Multiplayer games this is one of the best.
Wed 07/04/04 at 11:18
Regular
Pacman is hardly worth it to be frank...

They'd have to sell it for a tenner or something.

I am also dissapointed that there were no VIP stars included in the game.
Tue 06/04/04 at 16:49
Regular
"the burning sky"
Dringo wrote:
> If you have a GBA and a connection lead then R-Racing is a VERY
> worthwhile package.

Wouldnt it be better if they actually sold Pacman without R-Racing, as i want Pacman, but can really afford/be bothered to buy R-Racing.
Tue 06/04/04 at 15:40
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
both RRE and Pacman Vs have been available on import since November, Pacman Vs is good but soon gets very boring.
Sold my Pacman Vs disc for a tenner months ago, RRE does get better once you get into it but like been said before, not a GT3 or PGR2 beater.
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:01
Regular
Shares the box with R-Racing.

There is NO WAY that Pac man Vs. can work without a GBA. It IS a multiplayer game, the TV screen shows 3 people (either computer controlled or player controlled). The idea is that one person is playing a simple game of Pac man (the very same top down game) on your GBA. By gobbling pills and, with a power pellet, gobbling the ghosts you gain points.

The other other 1-3 players are the ghosts and see a small section of the screen on the Gamecube (and in 3D), they are trying to catch Pacman and by catching you they gain points and must catch you before you've got all the pellets. Whoever catches Pacman has the next go at racking up points. Once the set total is reached we have a winner. Whoever is Pacman of course can see the entire area.

It is only a multiplayer game, it would defeat the point without a GBA and it is utterly fantastic.

OH and Mario provides the voice over...

Not to mention that classic Pacman theme tune.

A Nintendo game at its very best.

If you have a GBA and a connection lead then R-Racing is a VERY worthwhile package.
Sun 04/04/04 at 19:48
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Does the Pacman come in it's own box, or does it share the box with R Racing?
Sun 04/04/04 at 17:09
Regular
The whole idea is that someone has a GBA and the rest of the players use regular controllers.
Sun 04/04/04 at 15:23
"Majestic"
Rickoss wrote:
> Erm, you CAN'T play with four GBA's. You need 1 and three contorllers.

Can you not play with 4 controllers then?
What about for 2 player, and 3 player?
Is a GBA essential?
Sun 04/04/04 at 13:42
Regular
R: Racing's pretty bad at first, but once you get the powerful cars it's great. Much prefer to play PGR2, though...
Sun 04/04/04 at 13:41
Regular
Erm, you CAN'T play with four GBA's. You need 1 and three contorllers.
Sun 04/04/04 at 12:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I shall get this, seeing as I love Pacman. It = quality.

And Ridge Racer doesn't look bad either, even although I've heard that it isn't the best racing game around.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.