GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro Mood"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/04/04 at 12:31
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Im in a retro mood, its because my brother has this little keyboard and on it is loads of preset tunes, the one that hes playing now really sounds like a tune from one of my old Sega Saturn games. Gaming is so different nowdays from what it was like a few years ago, i remember when me and my best friend (yes, i do have friends) always used to come round each others house and play multiplayer games for hours, but nowdays im mostly playing by myself on single player. I think i enjoyed myself more when i had my Saturn than i do with my Xbox, im not saying i hate the Xbox and i know its 100x more powerful than the Saturn but i had more fun with my friends on the Saturn than i do now with my Xbox. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

The reason why i posted this topic in this forum is because Nintendo is the king of retro.....and more people come here than in the Classic Gaming Forum.
Sun 04/04/04 at 12:31
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Im in a retro mood, its because my brother has this little keyboard and on it is loads of preset tunes, the one that hes playing now really sounds like a tune from one of my old Sega Saturn games. Gaming is so different nowdays from what it was like a few years ago, i remember when me and my best friend (yes, i do have friends) always used to come round each others house and play multiplayer games for hours, but nowdays im mostly playing by myself on single player. I think i enjoyed myself more when i had my Saturn than i do with my Xbox, im not saying i hate the Xbox and i know its 100x more powerful than the Saturn but i had more fun with my friends on the Saturn than i do now with my Xbox. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

The reason why i posted this topic in this forum is because Nintendo is the king of retro.....and more people come here than in the Classic Gaming Forum.
Sun 04/04/04 at 13:18
Regular
yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes I just want to dish up the old SNES and play super mario, donkey kong and zelda
Sun 04/04/04 at 13:41
Regular
"the burning sky"
Chicken Leg wrote:
> i remember when me and my best friend always
> used to come round each others house and play multiplayer games for
> hours, but nowdays im mostly playing with myself

Sorry :P
Sun 04/04/04 at 13:45
Regular
Super Mario Bros. remains the best game ever, so I always return to the classics like that.
Mon 05/04/04 at 00:54
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I wanted to play excitebike 4player the other day.

I love that game.

Is there a good motorcross game on the cube?
Tue 06/04/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
HEH! I LOVE retro gaming!

I just went out and bought a snes off of ebay with all the mario games (except RPG) for £20, and am also trying to secure Final Fantasy and Chronotrigger- one of my favourite games of all time.

I'm also replaying Zelda:OOT and Zelda:MM, as well as nostalgically remembering Tie Fighter on the PC which came out on disc in 1994- it won't run on any of today's pcs :(

So, yeah, you could say sometimes I do feel very nostalgic and prefer older games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.