GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You Can Keep Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Give Me Transport Tycoon 2 Instead"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rollercoaster Tycoon 3'.
Sun 04/04/04 at 12:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Okay so it's called locomotion but it's still the Transport Tycoon I once played loved for weeks on end, building up my transport empire from nothing and making millions, it was a great game and now it's finally getting a sequel.

It's still in 2D, using the same graphics engine from the first two Rollercoaster games, but that doesn't bother me, I've played a 3D Transport Tycoon clone before and it was terrible and looked awful.

The best thing about this sequel is rather than Chris Sawyer just lending a helping hand like he is with Rollercoaster Tycoon 3; he is developing Locomotion, which is great news. Apparently he's been working on a Transport Tycoon sequel since 96 but paused its development to work on Rollercoaster Tycoon, so this sequel is a long time coming.

Anyway, and interview with Chris Sawyer is on gamespot now, with three screenshots, I for one will be pre-ordering this as soon as it's available, I can't bloody wait.

[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/02/news_6092788.html[/URL]
Mon 05/04/04 at 15:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Transport Tycoon 2?

WOOOT!

Excellent news!
Mon 05/04/04 at 11:56
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Hugo Rune-Shanks wrote:
> Has Sid Mier ever stopped making games?
>
> [URL]www.firaxis.com[/URL]

The man is a genius. Enough said. :)
Mon 05/04/04 at 02:29
Regular
Wow that looks damn good.

You can definatly see the RCT in it.

I can't wait for this.
Mon 05/04/04 at 00:18
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Der Nazi wrote:
> If Chris Sawyer's making new games, hopefully his former Microprose
> colleague Sid Meier will start making games again: A SimGolf or
> Covert Action sequel would be nice....

Has Sid Mier ever stopped making games?

[URL]www.firaxis.com[/URL]
Sun 04/04/04 at 13:26
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah I saw it yesterday

It won't be as popular but I loved Transport Tycoon
Sun 04/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It looks incredibly impressive, with elements of Monopoly Tycoon, but still with the traditional Sawyer graphics.

If Chris Sawyer's making new games, hopefully his former Microprose colleague Sid Meier will start making games again: A SimGolf or Covert Action sequel would be nice....
Sun 04/04/04 at 12:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Okay so it's called locomotion but it's still the Transport Tycoon I once played loved for weeks on end, building up my transport empire from nothing and making millions, it was a great game and now it's finally getting a sequel.

It's still in 2D, using the same graphics engine from the first two Rollercoaster games, but that doesn't bother me, I've played a 3D Transport Tycoon clone before and it was terrible and looked awful.

The best thing about this sequel is rather than Chris Sawyer just lending a helping hand like he is with Rollercoaster Tycoon 3; he is developing Locomotion, which is great news. Apparently he's been working on a Transport Tycoon sequel since 96 but paused its development to work on Rollercoaster Tycoon, so this sequel is a long time coming.

Anyway, and interview with Chris Sawyer is on gamespot now, with three screenshots, I for one will be pre-ordering this as soon as it's available, I can't bloody wait.

[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/02/news_6092788.html[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.