GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Breed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Breed'.
Sun 04/04/04 at 23:57
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
What a SLICK graphics engine -- this game runs VERY VERY nicely at 1280 x 1024 with everything whacked right up on my Radeon 9600(Pro++)!!

Ok the visuals dont quite match the heavy weight graphical trickery of Halo or Far Cry, but the're still a pleasure to look especially when everything is moving around so smoothly.

Now I saw this game in a shop and impulsively bought it - remembering that for a couple of years PC format and people have gone to ECT and E3 and come back praising this game - and yet its crept silently onto the game shelves with very little hype around its launch -> not a mention in any of the big PC mags over the last 2 months (as far as Im aware)... dammit not even IGN and their rushed reviews have reviewed it (yet).

Is it because CDV and Brat Designs are little known developers and publishers??

Dammit its such a good game....

*Goes back...
Wed 07/04/04 at 14:02
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
After (not) much playing, this baby is going back to HMV today!!!

Roll on UT2004...
Mon 05/04/04 at 15:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That voice over....

*crushes cat with slowly contracting fist*

My God, that demo was quite possibly the most vile thing to ever be on my PC.
Mon 05/04/04 at 15:34
Regular
cipro wrote:
> The demo's where terrible, naff graphics, abysmal AI, deeply
> repetitive mission structure and voice overs that go so annoying they
> made me want to go out and hurt people, preferably the developers.

He speaks for most of us.
Mon 05/04/04 at 12:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The demo's where terrible, naff graphics, abysmal AI, deeply repetitive mission structure and voice overs that go so annoying they made me want to go out and hurt people, preferably the developers. I think I'll stick with Battlefield Vietnam and UT 2004.
Mon 05/04/04 at 01:19
Regular
tigamilla wrote:

> And PC Format is full of tripe nowadays, don't read it.
>
> True - I only buy it for the cover disk

And the cover girl ;)

So where do you work?
Mon 05/04/04 at 00:39
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
cookie monster wrote:
> It was in the new issue of PC Zone.
>
> *Digs around*
>
> 55%

*Gasps, in disbelief

*Feels extreme hatred towards PC Zone building up...

*Holds breath for 20 seconds

*Calms down

*Mumbles....must be a typo...
Mon 05/04/04 at 00:15
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Icaruss wrote:
> Yeah, I think they run out of cash to give to the mags...

hmm
>
> And PC Format is full of tripe nowadays, don't read it.

True - I only buy it for the cover disk
>
> EDIT: tigamilla - you're back!!!

heh heh - yeah (*scratching head trying to remember what I do with my time these days... oh yah thats it I go to this place called work...A LOT)
Mon 05/04/04 at 00:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It was in the new issue of PC Zone.

*Digs around*

55%
Sun 04/04/04 at 23:59
Regular
Yeah, I think they run out of cash to give to the mags...

And PC Format is full of tripe nowadays, don't read it.

EDIT: tigamilla - you're back!!!
Sun 04/04/04 at 23:57
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
What a SLICK graphics engine -- this game runs VERY VERY nicely at 1280 x 1024 with everything whacked right up on my Radeon 9600(Pro++)!!

Ok the visuals dont quite match the heavy weight graphical trickery of Halo or Far Cry, but the're still a pleasure to look especially when everything is moving around so smoothly.

Now I saw this game in a shop and impulsively bought it - remembering that for a couple of years PC format and people have gone to ECT and E3 and come back praising this game - and yet its crept silently onto the game shelves with very little hype around its launch -> not a mention in any of the big PC mags over the last 2 months (as far as Im aware)... dammit not even IGN and their rushed reviews have reviewed it (yet).

Is it because CDV and Brat Designs are little known developers and publishers??

Dammit its such a good game....

*Goes back...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.