GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another New Central Pipe?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/01/07 at 13:45
Regular
Entanet have a fourth BT Central Pipe on order which is due to come into service in 3-4 months with the next segment of an existing 622 Mbps pipe scheduled to go live in two weeks' time.

Will this stop my Broadband speed fluctauting? its so up and down at the moment. Sunday afternoon we were at an all time low of 1.5MB usually we can get 7.5MB or more as we are next door almost to our exchange. Can Freeola shed any light on this please.
Tue 23/01/07 at 13:09
Regular
Ok a shut down my router this morning and ran the tool and ended up bak on the same pipe (just my luck) that said its running OK at the mo speeds still not what it could be but I will see how it goes and if the same thing happens I will try shutting down again.

Does the 7.2 part mean thats as fast as I will ever get? or is that just muddying the waters?

Kev
Tue 23/01/07 at 09:26
Regular
Digitrader wrote:
> Ok a ran the tool and here are the results.....
>
> Gateway: larch
> Central Pipe: Telehouse 2
> Central status: Green - OK (less than 600Mb)
> Expected Performance: 7.2 Mbps
> Status last updated: 2007-01-22 19:08:31
>
> But what do they tell me? in English thank you
>
> Kev :-}

The most useful info for you is that you are connected on Telehouse 2 and that this central pipe status is green (meaning OK) and is running at its normal full speed.

If you believe your ADSL is running poorly, check again to see if the status has changed. Follow the link to see the status of all the centrals and if required, try disconnecting and re-connecting to use an alternate pipe.
Mon 22/01/07 at 19:07
Regular
Ok a ran the tool and here are the results.....

Gateway: larch
Central Pipe: Telehouse 2
Central status: Green - OK (less than 600Mb)
Expected Performance: 7.2 Mbps
Status last updated: 2007-01-22 19:08:31

But what do they tell me? in English thank you

Kev :-}
Mon 22/01/07 at 18:28
Regular
loki wrote:
> Yes, I can't see that we'd have any objection to you posting this
> tool.

[URL]http://tools.entachoice.org.uk/central.cgi[/URL] for a user written tool that will display the status of the current central your Freeola connection is using.
Mon 22/01/07 at 17:52
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Yes, I can't see that we'd have any objection to you posting this tool.

My broadband is now consistently fast, even at peak times. I do tend to switch-off my router when the PC is not in use, so this may help as I'm frequently switching centrals.

And we do expect to see further improvements to capacity over the coming months, so peak performance should be further improved.
Mon 22/01/07 at 17:25
Regular
Digitrader wrote:
> Entanet have a fourth BT Central Pipe on order which is due to
> come into service in 3-4 months with the next segment of an
> existing 622 Mbps pipe scheduled to go live in two weeks' time.
>
> Will this stop my Broadband speed fluctauting? its so up and
> down at the moment. Sunday afternoon we were at an all time low
> of 1.5MB usually we can get 7.5MB or more as we are next door
> almost to our exchange. Can Freeola shed any light on this
> please.

I think the new segment went live on the 19th!

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting your router to pick an alternate central?
There is a user written tool that shows you your current central - Freeola, are you happy for me to post the link to this? (I don't see why they wouldn't be, but thought it would be polite to ask first)

It it helps my Freeola ADSL is going great! :)
Mon 22/01/07 at 17:21
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Yes, we are expecting a significant improvement at peak times with the extra capacity coming availible in February. Furthermore, we are hoping to see still further regular improvement in the coming months.
Mon 22/01/07 at 13:45
Regular
Entanet have a fourth BT Central Pipe on order which is due to come into service in 3-4 months with the next segment of an existing 622 Mbps pipe scheduled to go live in two weeks' time.

Will this stop my Broadband speed fluctauting? its so up and down at the moment. Sunday afternoon we were at an all time low of 1.5MB usually we can get 7.5MB or more as we are next door almost to our exchange. Can Freeola shed any light on this please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.