GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A nice place to go."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/07/01 at 14:49
Regular
Everytime I buy a new video game, a mate of mine always asks: "Is it a nice place to go?"
His first impressions of a game are always influenced by the gaming environment.

I'd like to know what your favourite gaming environments/worlds are?

Is it the dark labyrinths of Quake, or the cool and fresh cities of Crazy Taxi, or the secret facilities of GoldenEye and Metal Gear Solid, or the peculiar lands of Mario, Sonic and Rayman?

Tell me, I'm interested, really...

At the moment my fave place to go is the sunny cityscapes of New York in Crazy Taxi 2.
Sat 28/07/01 at 15:57
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
For some reason I always like to visit re-creations of real places best...

Pelting it around London in a black cab...

Shooting it out in Hells Kitchen, NY...

Although, noticably, only if its design is of the actual city (no good just stickking a load of Sky Scrapers up and saying its Chicago...

If I'm driving around London, I want to be able to know where I am and where I'm going from memory...
Sat 28/07/01 at 15:49
Regular
Tomb Raider 1 was amazing the first I played it, especially moutain monastery bits.
The Port of Adia on Turok 2 sticks in my mind also - a medieval town full of dead soliders murdered by twisted repilian warriors.
Shadow Island on Alone In The Dark 4 has a eery atmosphere too.
Sat 28/07/01 at 15:03
I have to admit I love Driving around Rio, Havana, Chicago and LA in Driver 2... its relaxing and nice to look at when your not in a run from the law.

DinoCrisis 2 and ResidentEvil 2 also had some lush graphics, the jungle in DinoCrisis 2 looks sweet and the Police Station in Resident Evil 2 just has this wierd atmosphere. Resident Evil 2s enviroment is cool because its not just a haunted house, but a police station overun...very cool!

I love Klonoa to, its extremely pretty and colourful and in my opinion the best platformer on the Playstation.
Sat 28/07/01 at 14:49
Regular
Everytime I buy a new video game, a mate of mine always asks: "Is it a nice place to go?"
His first impressions of a game are always influenced by the gaming environment.

I'd like to know what your favourite gaming environments/worlds are?

Is it the dark labyrinths of Quake, or the cool and fresh cities of Crazy Taxi, or the secret facilities of GoldenEye and Metal Gear Solid, or the peculiar lands of Mario, Sonic and Rayman?

Tell me, I'm interested, really...

At the moment my fave place to go is the sunny cityscapes of New York in Crazy Taxi 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.