GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IMPORTANT"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/07/01 at 01:22
Regular
I have received an E-mail from someone called Ozma Saleem([email protected]), at two of my Freeola addresses, both the same E-mail, and with and attachment, called "offer richard turgoose.doc", but is really a .inc file. Is anyone else getting this, and I fear it could be a virus. I could be wrong, but wanted to see to make sure.

Thanx ...
Mon 30/07/01 at 10:05
Regular
The work involved in keeping such a list updated and not full of hoaxs is a bit too much for Freeola. The best this to do is use the main virus warning sites. The best site to go to is http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ as they are the most up to date.
Sat 28/07/01 at 23:52
nice idea cjh

With the amount of security threats and warnings around these days, It is comming very difficult to stay up to date with them all. Also with lots of hoax's and false information floating around out their, It would be nice to have this information in one place. Especially as they affect everyone including SR.
Sat 28/07/01 at 17:02
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm not sure if this would pee to many people off ... but could Freeola make a Web Page/Mailling List for warnings, so we are alerted about this things, when someone finds out they excist??
Sat 28/07/01 at 12:43
That is most definitely a virus, in fact its a new one. Due to an increased rate of virus submissions, The Symantec AntiVirus Research Center (SARC) has upgraded W32.Sircam.Worm@mm from a level 3 to a level 4 virus threat.

W32.Sircam.Worm@mm contains its own SMTP engine, and propagates in a manner similar to the W32.Magistr.Worm.
Due to what appears to be a bug, this worm does not replicate under Windows NT or 2000.

SARC has created a tool to remove this worm.

CAUTION: In some cases, if you have had NAV quarantine or delete infected files, you will not be able to run .exe files, however you will still be able to run the removal tool.
Payload Trigger: 1) October 16th, or some attached file contents, triggers file deletion payload. 2) If the file deletion occured, or after 8000 executions, triggers the space filler payload.
Payload:
Large scale e-mailing: The worm appends a random document from the infected PC to itself and sends this new file via email
Deletes files: 1 in 20 chance of deleting all files and directories on C:. Only occurs on systems where the date is October 16 and which are using D/M/Y as the date format. Always occurs if attached file contains "FS2" not followed by "sc".
Degrades performance: 1 in 50 chance of filling all remaining space on the C: drive by adding text to the file c:\recycled\sircam.sys
Releases confidential info: It will export a random document from the hard drive by appending it to the body of the worm

Subject of email: Random subject - the filename of the attachment
Name of attachment: A file from the sender's computer with the extension .bat, .com, .lnk, or .pif added to it.
Size of attachment: at least 134kb long
Shared drives: searchs for shared drives and copies itself to those it finds
Sat 28/07/01 at 08:48
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Very cheesy, Ozma/Dav1d! Nice one! :)
Sat 28/07/01 at 03:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Dav1d, your tagline is the same.
Sat 28/07/01 at 02:32
Regular
Whats wrong with Ozma?!
Sat 28/07/01 at 02:30
Regular
Anyone with a name like Ozma sounds dodgy to me......

Sorry all you people out there called Ozma!
Sat 28/07/01 at 01:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
If it said "I send you this file in order to have your advice" then it's a virus.
Sat 28/07/01 at 01:22
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I have received an E-mail from someone called Ozma Saleem([email protected]), at two of my Freeola addresses, both the same E-mail, and with and attachment, called "offer richard turgoose.doc", but is really a .inc file. Is anyone else getting this, and I fear it could be a virus. I could be wrong, but wanted to see to make sure.

Thanx ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.