GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone help me with a GameCube question?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/07/01 at 00:13
Regular
Does anyone know if Nintendo will release something for the GameCube that will allow you to play N64 games on it. I want to buy a Gamecube, but want to be able to play my old games. Can you help???
Sun 29/07/01 at 11:21
Regular
There is a phone number where you can get 6 issues of the magazine GBX for free!

The only trouble is you have to pay £1.50 a minute, but the calls are only ment to last around 3 minutes.

Considering you're getting 6 issues worth £2.99 that's good value!

If you want the number either email me at [email protected] or let me know on here and I'll reply. (I'm not sure whether Tony would be too happy if I put the number on here though).

There is also a number for 6 issues of Datels Playstation 2 magazine too if anyone wants the number.

But once you've got either magazine, you can properly subscribe (I might find the number for it as well if you email me however I don't have the PS2 mag's subscription number)
Sun 29/07/01 at 00:39
Edgy, I have a question: is is possible to subscribe to the GBX mag direct? I would visit the site but if you couldn't then it'll be a waste of my forum time.
Sat 28/07/01 at 15:57
Regular
Datel has made it possible to play Game Boy Color games on the Playstation 2.

I am a moderator on Datel's Codejunkies discussion board so I'll put your question(s) to them and see what they say.

I'll let you know when they do.
Sat 28/07/01 at 15:04
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Stivo wrote:
> Does anyone know if Nintendo will release something for the GameCube
> that will allow you to play N64 games on it. I want to buy a
> Gamecube, but want to be able to play my old games. Can you help???

It seems you have the same problem as me. Why not do what I'm going to do:
Don't bother getting rid of your other consoles, but still buy a Gamecube.
Sat 28/07/01 at 14:50
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
That's odd, I can. :)
Maybe that'll be one of the big surprises of SpaceWorld 2001 (oh, please hurry up). Man, what a joy it would be to play Shenmue of the Gamecube...>Drool<
Sat 28/07/01 at 14:35
Regular
Besides, where are you going to put a cartrige slot?

What I'd rather see is emulation software that lets you play Dreamcast games.
That would give the Gamecube a superb back catalogue to start with.

I can't imagine Sega allowing it though :-(
Sat 28/07/01 at 09:16
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
I'm afraid that Nintendo will not be making this Stivo. I mean they didn't do it for the Snes so I don't think they will bother to do it this time around. MAinly because add ons like this are very unlikely to be successes. Why? Well its normally because people who want to play their old games normally have their old consoles as well. You see my point? Why release an add on that could go down the drain when they can just let people play the same games on the console they were made for.

(;o|
Sat 28/07/01 at 08:21
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i dont think so , but sega used to make add ons that allow you too play master system games on the gamegear and stuff like that , so maybe sega will make ninty make a backwards thing , but dont get your hopes up.
Sat 28/07/01 at 00:13
Does anyone know if Nintendo will release something for the GameCube that will allow you to play N64 games on it. I want to buy a Gamecube, but want to be able to play my old games. Can you help???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.