GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goldeneye 2 cash-in scam"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Golden Eye : Rogue Agent'.
Wed 07/04/04 at 01:14
Regular
Everyone now knows (or should do) that EA are in the middle of making Goldeneye 2, this is not to have been said as a sequal to the game nor the movie as of yet. I feel that if it was a sequal to the game it is a very bad idea. Goldeneye was a classic in every sense, and not that old either, in my opinion goldeneye was perfect as it was and i would even say some of the textures match that of the PS2 and other next gen consoles.

It ennoys me that EA have only named this game goldeneye 2 at least half way through developement, thus this must be a cash in. This also takes some of the credit away from free radical who have made near perfect fps's in the timesplitters series and of course will do in the next perfect dark.
If EA wanted to touch a possible goldeneye 2 they should have at least got some of the original team on the job or bourght out free radical, they are publishing TS3 after all.

It is my guess that characters included in Goldeneye 2 are not even in the first movie, the inclusion of gold finger just completly mucks up the Bond timeline. I could understand EA making this game if there was a sequal to the original film, but there is not.

The name goldeneye is completely a cash in scam and i feel that it is wrong to fool the unsuspecting gamer who generally thinks he/she is getting a sequal to the original Rareware game, who could easily go out and buy a timesplitters game and thus get the actual next gen goldeneye.

I feel that the game potentionally could be very good, they have a good studio along with a guy who worked on Halo, and very good idea of playing as the bad guy. With this great idea why not call the game James Bond:Spy In the Works or some other quirky name, which would be better than goldeneye 2.

If this game was known as another name i would probably buy it but i will not if it is known as goldeneye 2, i'd rarther get the N64 out and have a multiplayer bash on that or at least play timesplitters on my PS2.
EA have enough cash as it is, why not give the gamers what they want in a proper goldeneye sequal rarther than making another (as such) cash-in scam?
Thu 08/04/04 at 15:05
Regular
"Teal'c"
This ennoys me also, Link.
Thu 08/04/04 at 14:32
Regular
I thought that they were just remaking the same game but with a few differences?
Wed 07/04/04 at 01:21
Regular
thanks for clearing that up, i remebered just as i was reading it, must be the time of the morning.

Ia agree that the newest bond games were not bad but the execution of their own bond games without movie tie in was poorly done.
Wed 07/04/04 at 01:17
"I love yo... lamp."
Free Radical have nothing to do with Perfect Dark. That's Rare developed and Microsoft exclusive.

Goldeneye 2 is a cash in. But then all Bond games are. Nightfire wasn't too bad actually. Everything Or Nothing is apparently really good.

They should get a new name for it, seeing as it does mess with the movie, but playing as the bad guy brings it to a whole new place.

I'll keep an open mind on it.
Wed 07/04/04 at 01:14
Regular
Everyone now knows (or should do) that EA are in the middle of making Goldeneye 2, this is not to have been said as a sequal to the game nor the movie as of yet. I feel that if it was a sequal to the game it is a very bad idea. Goldeneye was a classic in every sense, and not that old either, in my opinion goldeneye was perfect as it was and i would even say some of the textures match that of the PS2 and other next gen consoles.

It ennoys me that EA have only named this game goldeneye 2 at least half way through developement, thus this must be a cash in. This also takes some of the credit away from free radical who have made near perfect fps's in the timesplitters series and of course will do in the next perfect dark.
If EA wanted to touch a possible goldeneye 2 they should have at least got some of the original team on the job or bourght out free radical, they are publishing TS3 after all.

It is my guess that characters included in Goldeneye 2 are not even in the first movie, the inclusion of gold finger just completly mucks up the Bond timeline. I could understand EA making this game if there was a sequal to the original film, but there is not.

The name goldeneye is completely a cash in scam and i feel that it is wrong to fool the unsuspecting gamer who generally thinks he/she is getting a sequal to the original Rareware game, who could easily go out and buy a timesplitters game and thus get the actual next gen goldeneye.

I feel that the game potentionally could be very good, they have a good studio along with a guy who worked on Halo, and very good idea of playing as the bad guy. With this great idea why not call the game James Bond:Spy In the Works or some other quirky name, which would be better than goldeneye 2.

If this game was known as another name i would probably buy it but i will not if it is known as goldeneye 2, i'd rarther get the N64 out and have a multiplayer bash on that or at least play timesplitters on my PS2.
EA have enough cash as it is, why not give the gamers what they want in a proper goldeneye sequal rarther than making another (as such) cash-in scam?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.