GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future for Quake 3 Arena?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/07/01 at 21:21
Regular
What do u guys think the future holds for Quake3?
I know that lots more MODs will be done (and some finished :-) ) but there are new fewer players then b4 i used to help organise regular CTF games for friday and saturday nights but now no one turns up so they had to be stopped. Its a shame because there were a few regulars and it was great fun. btw it was organise through the newsgroups uk.games.computer.quake3
Fri 27/07/01 at 21:21
What do u guys think the future holds for Quake3?
I know that lots more MODs will be done (and some finished :-) ) but there are new fewer players then b4 i used to help organise regular CTF games for friday and saturday nights but now no one turns up so they had to be stopped. Its a shame because there were a few regulars and it was great fun. btw it was organise through the newsgroups uk.games.computer.quake3
Fri 27/07/01 at 21:32
Regular
International online tournaments for huge cash prize.
Fri 27/07/01 at 21:42
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Until Doom 3/Quake 4 are released, a lot of purists will stick with Q3A, simply because it does exactly what they want, and it does it a lot better than many of its imitations. I personally went off it after a while, the gameplay was too repetitive, and UT provided a much more balanced all round experience, but I know people who are still playing it regualarly now.

There is a much wider range of FPSs available now than ever before, and so the market has been getting more and more intense - games like Q3 which rely completely on the old formula are being left by the wayside for not being innovative enough to compete with other titles on the market. Personally, I prefer Counter-Strike - completely different sort of game, but still essential to play multiplayer. Q3 isn't exactly big on tactical gameplay and mission plans..
Fri 27/07/01 at 21:46
I have been playing counter strike aswell and it is a different game but i still come back to the good old CTF :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.