GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Twin Headaches"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes'.
Wed 07/04/04 at 20:57
"Majestic"
I got this game today **(Twin snakes), powered my little cube up, nice intro video.

Anyway, after about half an hour I really got Peed off, due to the camera...
Now it might be me, not controlling it properly, but does anybody else find the camera hard? Somebody shoots me, and I ***can't see where he bl00dy is!

Care to comment?

Edit **
Edit ***
Thu 08/04/04 at 11:29
Regular
It's just like my game of hide and seek then.
Thu 08/04/04 at 11:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'd prefer more missions to multiplayer anyway.

Nash says that SC:PT multi is just like hide and seek, except that somebody's neck gets broken at the end of it.
Thu 08/04/04 at 10:59
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> I think the release date for Splinter Cell: PT on cube is July 14th in
> the US and the 16th over here, also Ubi have announced it will have
> NO multiplayer and may have extra missions to compensate for this,
> bummer for GC fans though as the multiplayer mode is enjoyable with
> friends.

Rainbow six will also have no multiplayer.

But still respect to Ubi-soft in releasing a potentially unpopular game on the system... without one of its selling points.

And adding to the game to make their fans on this system happier.

Respect to them.
Thu 08/04/04 at 10:56
Regular
DiscoDexy wrote:
> Somebody shoots me, and I can see where he
> bl00dy is!
>
> Care to comment?

Whats the problem if you can see where he is.
Thu 08/04/04 at 10:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
July 16th huh? Good job I didn't order it. I'll definitely get it though, because I presume that it's just as good/better than the original, which is one of my most favourite games [B]eva
Thu 08/04/04 at 10:35
Regular
"Touched!"
I think the release date for Splinter Cell: PT on cube is July 14th in the US and the 16th over here, also Ubi have announced it will have NO multiplayer and may have extra missions to compensate for this, bummer for GC fans though as the multiplayer mode is enjoyable with friends.
Thu 08/04/04 at 08:13
Regular
The camera is easy when you get used to it. You can use the C Stick when up against walls to view further a field. Its not a difficult game, I am playing through on extreme at the moment and without the radar it can get quite interesting.

The first person view makes the game easier than the original in places but the AI is definitley smarter. I have been a Metal Gear fan since the Nes so I was always going to enjoy this one. Funking marvelous game.
Wed 07/04/04 at 21:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
See this is the kind of thing that magazines tend never to tell you. Important things.

I seem to remember that the camera in MGS2 moved about a bit, but not loads. I'm guessing that it's probably the same here. I'll find out when it arrives I suppose.
Wed 07/04/04 at 21:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Based on the original MGS, the camera was always fixed.....in that it never changed angle, but did change position - from scene to scene it varied though.
Wed 07/04/04 at 21:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I would have ordered Splinter Cell: PT for my GAD, because I loved Splinter Cell, but I have NO idea of the release date. Play don't even have it down yet Amazon are the only site to have it - releasd on May 14th or something. But amazon also have Pikmin 2 "usually dispatched within 1 -2 weeks", so I don't really trust them.

Can you control the camera in Twin Snakes? I bloody hope so I hate it when everything's automatic. What the hell do the developers think the C(amera) stick is for anyway?

Oh, and CGJ, if you dont own the game, or have never played it or heard of it, why did you even reply? What was the point exactly? No one cares if you've never heard of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.