GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unreal tournement or quake 3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/07/01 at 19:39
Regular
i am going 2 buy a ps2 soon and i am a big fan of 1st person shooters and would like to buy one of the above. could you please recommend me one of the two. unreal Tournement or Quake 3

P.S I enjoy deathmatches with lots of people.

Thanks

JoM
Sun 29/07/01 at 10:58
Quake 3 , it`s great for deathmatches .
Sat 28/07/01 at 02:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The UT graphics are jerky and make it unplayble. Quake 3's the best.
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:03
I'd say Red Faction and Timesplitters are the best two FPS.
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:01
Regular
go with quake 3 its much better than unreal its faster and the guns are better
Fri 27/07/01 at 21:54
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Why don't you want to get Timesplitters?
Fri 27/07/01 at 21:47
"High polygon count"
If you must have Quake 3 or UT, then Quake 3 is the best.

However, don't ignore Red Faction!
Fri 27/07/01 at 21:46
Regular
Both are very good games (well, that didn't help) I found Quake to be a good 'jump in and shhot people' game with very pretty graphics, while unreal had very good gameplay. with pretty graphics.

I guess I like em both. Ref Faction looks pretty darn good too, but pressures of work are preventing me from playin it just yet.
Fri 27/07/01 at 20:18
Regular
"You Bum!!"
When I play UT on PC I use the joypad as I find it hard to get to the mouse-and-keyboard controls
Fri 27/07/01 at 19:54
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Yeah, Unreal Tourny if you haven't got any friends, and Quake 3 otherwise. Although, you can't trully appreciate either of these games unless you play them on a P.C. (like me!)
Fri 27/07/01 at 19:45
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I would go for Quake III because of the different options you can tweak and the superb graphics.

If you are going to play with your friends I would NOT recommend UT as it suffers a lot in the multiplayer department thanx to the frame rate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.