GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gran turismo 3 license help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec'.
Wed 07/04/04 at 22:27
Regular
"sstevechippy"
can any one tell us how to unlock all licenses please.
Thu 08/04/04 at 13:24
Regular
sstevechippy wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to unlock all licenses please?

Do you mean unlock them as in just access them? If so, you unlock a new set of licences when you complete the previous set. So S is unlocked after I-A.

Or do you mean unlock them as in just get bronze? If so, try doing them more than once. A few are hard to get first time, particularly on the S-level, so just do it a few times until you get it.

Or... do you mean get the gold on all of them? If so, I'm still working on that, so can't really help to be honest! I've still got about 10 bronzes and 12 silvers left to get rid of, mostly on the rally licence, and a few on the I-A and S levels. The one tip I do have for getting golds though, particularly on the earlier levels, is manual gears. If you use manual gears, the obvious advantage is that you can push the engine harder when accelerating, but a lot of people don't use the fact that it can also brake for you as well. When slowing for a corner, just shift down a couple of gears whilst pressing the brake, and you'll slow down much more quickly.
Thu 08/04/04 at 09:58
Regular
"The Red Shift"
am i paranoid, or do the racers upgrade their cars loads if you try and complete all the license tests at once?
Thu 08/04/04 at 09:06
Regular
Fair point, but it's tagged as a 'Real Driving Simulator'. A vast majority of those tests are made up and pointless. If they cut the whole license process down and didn't make it so lengthy and tiresome, it would be a much better game.

Everyone likes working hard in a game to get further, but the GT licenses are too drawn-out and start to grate after a short period.
Thu 08/04/04 at 08:58
Regular
"size does matter"
ßulle†† wrote:
> The whole testing thing was great in GT1, kind of got in the way on
> GT2 and really shouldn't have been there in GT3.
>
> If they decide to keep it in, at least not make it so long. I stopped
> enjoying the series after I had to do the whole license thing again
> in GT3, whereas I just wanted to get into the game and start racing.

to make my point short, if you want to "get into the game and start racing", there are tons of driving games (some good ones, too) waiting for you to do that. gt is on another level. if you can't appreciate the detail (including licence tests), this game is not for you.
Thu 08/04/04 at 07:03
Regular
You'd probably be best to just copy a friends save like Lou Role said. It will be quicker and it's not going to hurt anyone is it?
Thu 08/04/04 at 07:02
Regular
The whole testing thing was great in GT1, kind of got in the way on GT2 and really shouldn't have been there in GT3.

If they decide to keep it in, at least not make it so long. I stopped enjoying the series after I had to do the whole license thing again in GT3, whereas I just wanted to get into the game and start racing.
Thu 08/04/04 at 00:02
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
You can either just pass them all on your own, or cheat like me. Copy your mates game onto your memory card.

:)

I hope they ditch the tests from GT4, it's the one area of GT that I really don't like.
Wed 07/04/04 at 22:35
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Complete them its not to hard.
Wed 07/04/04 at 22:27
Regular
"sstevechippy"
can any one tell us how to unlock all licenses please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.