GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the system requirements for Final Fantasy 11 ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XI'.
Wed 07/04/04 at 23:20
Regular
"Time Up"
So ?
Fri 09/04/04 at 12:29
Regular
"Time Up"
Morbo wrote:
> FantasyMeister wrote:
>
> importing it directly from the US (e.g. amazon.com)
>
> this is now gonna sound really dumb, but do amazon.com ship DVD's to
> the UK to?
I live in Egypt, and it's not a DVD, it's a whole console, and neither amazon.co.uk nor amazon.com can ship consoles or video games to Egypt, they can only ship DVD movies and books.
Fri 09/04/04 at 00:30
Regular
"Balls"
FantasyMeister wrote:

importing it directly from the US (e.g. amazon.com)

this is now gonna sound really dumb, but do amazon.com ship DVD's to the UK to?
Thu 08/04/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Time Up"
Ok, thanks, and one more thing, do you know any sites that sell this ps2+HDD+FF11 pack? Please tell me all the sites you know.
Thu 08/04/04 at 19:49
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Yes and yes. There's a whole bunch of regulars from another UK forum that play FFXI all the time using both PCs and PS2s.
Thu 08/04/04 at 18:25
Regular
"Time Up"
hmm.. I like the import ps2 idea, but are you sure it's really going to work even without having any servers in the U.K ? Have you seen someone try it before ?
Thu 08/04/04 at 17:46
Regular
Cusack wrote:
> Thanks a lot Fantasy Meister, I have all the rquirements except for
> the internet connection, I'll get one when I get the game. You've
> mentioned that I coulg get it for ps2, does that mean it's coming out
> in Europe ? If it's not, tell me what can I do to get it.

The situation as of NOW is that if you want to play FFXI online you can buy the PC version either by importing it directly from the US (e.g. amazon.com) or from an importer in the UK who probably has it on the shelf.

Or, import a US PS2, and the Final Fantasy game which comes complete with hard drive, then make sure you've got broadband, a PS2 network adaptor and an NTSC compatible TV or an NTSC/PAL converter cable so you can display it on your TV, and a 240v>110v stepdown converter so you don't blow up your NTSC PS2 when you plug it into an electrical socket over here.

Otherwise, wait a bit. As yet even gamesindustry.biz doesn't have a European release date for either the PC or the PS2 version. I'd estimate 1st Quarter 2005 for the PC version (there's a LOT of translation work needed to get it into all the European languages) and the PS2 version is anyone's guess. Mine is Xmas 2005 ish.
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:23
Regular
"Time Up"
Thanks a lot Fantasy Meister, I have all the rquirements except for the internet connection, I'll get one when I get the game. You've mentioned that I coulg get it for ps2, does that mean it's coming out in Europe ? If it's not, tell me what can I do to get it.
Thu 08/04/04 at 11:57
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Im guessing the ps2 would need a Network Adapter no?
Thu 08/04/04 at 10:02
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> PlayOnline & FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows® System Requirements
> (as of June 2003) + stuff

* panics *

FantasyMeister wrote:
> Or...
>
> A PS2.

* starts to breath again :D
Thu 08/04/04 at 06:32
Regular
Silent Scope wrote:
> FM mate do you have ut2004 by any chance

Nope, only online PC game I have now is Diablo, and I haven't played that in the last 6 months. Ever since EverQuest came out, funnily enough.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.