GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"S-R...Am I non-Exisistent?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/07/01 at 18:19
Regular
Im here well over 100 days been with SR and the site since its conception and now posted countless fair posts.
I contributed to the Cheats section and wrote reviews that took time and effort. But still I havent won a game. Why not? Its not as if im just labeled a 'Newbie' either, there have been countless newbies of late that have won.
Yesterday I wrote a review that took considerable time and effort. It was on F-Zero Maximum Velocity, I hoped that with it, I would be in with a chance of winning, but unfortunately not, I am let down.
I know many of you are sick to the backbone of hearing people complain about this, I was at a stage!!.
But then I realised, "Hey, this isnt a bit fair, there are guys winning over and over, atleast give others who haven't a chance!".
And you know, I think im right. People who won countless times over on GAD should be excluded from winning any more, just to give others the chance of doing so, its only right.
Maybe the staff can set a Rule that you can only win GAD a maximum of three times only.
It Only fair. Give others the chance!.
By the way I cant see nothing out of the ordinary with my review. Go check it out at the review section of F-Zero MV.
Fri 27/07/01 at 18:19
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Im here well over 100 days been with SR and the site since its conception and now posted countless fair posts.
I contributed to the Cheats section and wrote reviews that took time and effort. But still I havent won a game. Why not? Its not as if im just labeled a 'Newbie' either, there have been countless newbies of late that have won.
Yesterday I wrote a review that took considerable time and effort. It was on F-Zero Maximum Velocity, I hoped that with it, I would be in with a chance of winning, but unfortunately not, I am let down.
I know many of you are sick to the backbone of hearing people complain about this, I was at a stage!!.
But then I realised, "Hey, this isnt a bit fair, there are guys winning over and over, atleast give others who haven't a chance!".
And you know, I think im right. People who won countless times over on GAD should be excluded from winning any more, just to give others the chance of doing so, its only right.
Maybe the staff can set a Rule that you can only win GAD a maximum of three times only.
It Only fair. Give others the chance!.
By the way I cant see nothing out of the ordinary with my review. Go check it out at the review section of F-Zero MV.
Fri 27/07/01 at 18:22
Stop whining! YOu just blew your chances! It took me 6 months to win. And now I am on a spree.
Fri 27/07/01 at 18:23
Regular
Its nothing personal....

I read a post the other day from Tony saying that they get a "bot" to pick the winners....

So you cant blame them really....
Fri 27/07/01 at 18:29
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Hey, TW Im only stating a point, Im just back from shopping in Belfast and im Tired.
Fri 27/07/01 at 18:36
TheMorrigan wrote:
> Hey, TW Im only stating a point, Im just back from shopping in
> Belfast and im Tired.

Sorry morri.
Fri 27/07/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Dav1d wrote:
> Its nothing personal....

I read a post the other day from Tony
> saying that they get a "bot" to pick the winners....

So
> you cant blame them really....

Is that how they do it? Random selection?
Fri 27/07/01 at 19:49
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Dav1d wrote:
> I read a post the other day from Tony saying that they get a "bot" to pick the winners....

Some people will believe anything.

It's harder to win now because there are more people competing. And of course there are some people who seem to be able to pull a pen a winner at will. It took Turbonutter a long time to win his first Gameaday.

I think the extra prizes start next week. There will be a GAD just for the forums and a separate one for the cheats and reviews.
Fri 27/07/01 at 19:52
Regular
"You've upset me"
Pen a GAD at will?

Huh! HUH!... err.... I don't pen... I use MS Word :-D
Fri 27/07/01 at 19:58
Regular
TheMorrigan wrote:
> Im here well over 100 days been with SR and the site since its
> conception and now posted countless fair posts.
I contributed to
> the Cheats section and wrote reviews that took time and effort. But
> still I havent won a game. Why not? Its not as if im just labeled a
> 'Newbie' either, there have been countless newbies of late that have
> won.

> Only fair. Give others the chance!.

dude did you not read the rules?it says DONT WHINE if you dont win granted you do have a point about the people winning over and over. but like who ever said you may have just blown your chance of winning.bad luck dude
Fri 27/07/01 at 19:59
Regular
"You've upset me"
I LAUGH in the face of DANGER.... THEN I run away

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.