GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Worst TV Ads Awards"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/07/01 at 16:36
Regular
Pretty much a standard part of most people lives...

TV ads are usually either an annoyance, or a great excuse to stick the kettle on and run off to the toilet...

Though... there are some Ads, no matter what your doing, that REALLY get your back up...

For me, the old woman from the natwest ads has been becomming remarkable annoying :)

Are there any ads (past or present) that really hack you off?
Sun 29/07/01 at 20:33
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Do you guys have the FRD advert? You know - obviously a girl grabbed from their phone room, slapped on her own make-up and reading a script with all the "acting" tallent of Sherwood Forest.

Being a Barister in training those "no win, no fee" ads are a particular nerve toucher. One one hand you want to cut through British apparthy and get the people who deserve the cash to get it. On the other hand, you don't want them to win a diserved claim and then have it all grabbed off them by Claims Direct. There's also the "American Problem" of a litigation society.

"My coffee's cold - see you in court".
Sun 29/07/01 at 18:16
You've forgotton about a whole new genre of adverts that have come up in the past year, the No Win No Fee compensation adverts, they are completely annoying.

Also the Yes car credit advert, where a woman is in labour and in the back of a car and the car breaks down, now that's annoying!

seeyas
Sun 29/07/01 at 16:30
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I also hate ads for cars in general. They all tend to take the line that if you buy this car you'll be inspired to do great things and change the world. You won't. You'll mabe save a few quid on petrol as teh MPG is better, but loose out on the higher insurance band. You won't write the next Great Expectations.
Sun 29/07/01 at 15:56
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
You are right doctor! That advert is the worst advert AT THE MOMENT!

'Looks good though'
'Yeah, I think I might get some'

GRRRRRRRRRRRR..........I don't understand how somebody could make an advert up like that. I mean, it mocks the usual adverts saying, 'does it really make people want to buy it'. Surely after saying that, you run the risk of people not liking this advert and then they'll hate it even more because it mocks other adverts which are blatantly better than it. GRRRRRRRRRRRR...........

BUT NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Toady, that advert is great. It's so funny. Sure, it's a poor advert but it's not annoying. It's good to mock.

'She's got the urge to herbal. She's gonna herbal in the shower, for another half an hour. She's got the urge. Natural Botanical.'

Oh my Je$u$! I know the words! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
Sun 29/07/01 at 15:31
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
That "post modern" advert for Nivia - the ad with the guys watching the advert one TV.

DIE. IT IS AWFUL. NOT BIG OR CLEVER - JUST RUBBISH.

If you or someone you know are responsible for that advert please prommise never to communicate with the rest of civilasiation again. Thank you.
Sat 28/07/01 at 07:51
Can anybody remeber those terable AIDS adverts from the 80's, the ones with the underwater scene?
I can always remember asking my parents what a condom was after that advert, afer all I was extreamly young and inocent at the time.
Fri 27/07/01 at 23:11
These are mere lightweights compared to what is undoubtably the worst ad of all time. Brace yourself, have a good stiff drink, lie down on the couch (for support) and watch the Herbal Essance Shampo ad (Thats right, the "urge" one)
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:19
Tampon adverts. Please stop them - i'm usually trying to eat my dinner....
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:14
Regular
I still get disgusted at the "Ahhhhhhh..." sound the bear makes when he wipes his ar$e with toilet paper.

But that's probably just me.

Hmmm... I think I'll go watch some tv.
Fri 27/07/01 at 16:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That one with the woman "caught short with diarohhea" that runs off into a bush and then comes out smiling.

Hello? Have you ever seen a middle aged woman crapping in the outdoors? (Italians needn't bother replying)

That one with the woman with constipation who's mate knocks on her door and she comes down with a huge smile thanks to the tablets.
Why does the ad stop there?
Why not have it with:

"You seem happy Debbie!"
"Christ yes, I just took a monster dump. You wouldn't believe it, had to smash it with a stick to flush it! I thought I was giving birth to an 8lbs slippy limbless baby there!"

Really?
Do we need to see products for bowels on tv?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.