GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT3 Help wanted"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/07/01 at 12:10
Regular
Can someone please tell me how to unlock the F1 cars please.
Tue 31/07/01 at 11:02
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ex-Baz wrote:
>Here's a handy tip. Because the car has no ASM or TCS >equipped, exiting out of corners is really hard, as you >will spin the wheels and loose control (crashing into the >barrier is a failure, as you've no doubt learned by now...)

Yep, learnt that in about 5 seconds, after hitting the first corner of my first go :)

>What can help is to use a technique called 'peppering' the >throttle. When exiting a sharp slow-speed corner, instead >of just holding down the throttle button (and hoping to >catch the power slide), tap the button extremely quickly. >You won't go quite as fast, but you'll keep control, which >is what matters.

Yep, been trying that as well, I got to within .474 seconds of passing last night but then got more and more frustrated, oh well, no game should be that easy....just more practise required.

As for the analogue controller, just can't seem to get on with it, trust me I've tried on F1 2001 and just gave up on it.....must get meself a steering wheel!!

Thanks for the info though....keep drivin!
Tue 31/07/01 at 03:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Or alternatively, just use the analog buttons. They're there for a reason.
Mon 30/07/01 at 21:20
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yeah, I tried that too. Thats a handy method of doing some licenses.
Mon 30/07/01 at 21:14
Jive wrote:
> I've almost finished the S Licence, just on the Monaco
> course now and jeeezz it's difficult.....that car is awsome, I must
> have done that course about 20 times and just not getting anywhere
> near it.

Here's a handy tip. Because the car has no ASM or TCS equipped, exiting out of corners is really hard, as you will spin the wheels and loose control (crashing into the barrier is a failure, as you've no doubt learned by now...).

What can help is to use a technique called 'peppering' the throttle. When exiting a sharp slow-speed corner, instead of just holding down the throttle button (and hoping to catch the power slide), tap the button extremely quickly. You won't go quite as fast, but you'll keep control, which is what matters.
Sun 29/07/01 at 17:18
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
adrian wrote:
> I've unlocked the F1 championship by doing the S Licence. So you dont need to win the Beginner and Ameature races.

I've almost finished the S Licence, just on the Monaco course now and jeeezz it's difficult.....that car is awsome, I must have done that course about 20 times and just not getting anywhere near it.

I also thought the Rally licence mode was far too easy, especially if you've played in Arcade mode and unlocked it all on hard like you said Adrian! Thanks for the tip!

Boring goal at the end of the Arcade mode as well!

Still GT mode to keep me interested for a while....back to Monaco....
Sat 28/07/01 at 22:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I've unlocked the F1 championship by doing the S Licence. So you dont need to win the Beginner and Ameature races. This maybe a way to unlock the F1 championship but I did it by getting the S Licence.
Sat 28/07/01 at 18:24
i read that you have to complete begineer and amitur leagues to unlock F1 mode.

I nearly won a F1 car when i did an endurance race. very close.
Fri 27/07/01 at 21:40
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Passing the Special licence unlocks the F1 championship. But the cars are hidden through out the game on the more harder races and also a few on the endurance races.
Fri 27/07/01 at 16:42
You simply have to complete the Super Licence. You don't even need to get Gold awards on all the tests, just pass the license.
Fri 27/07/01 at 13:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
http://guides.ign.com has a complete list of what you can win and where.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.