GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When did they axe crash bandicoot?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/07/01 at 12:05
Regular
After watching a great cybernet last night (loads of PS2) they said crash bandicoot the wrath of cortex had been axed to Jak and Daxter.

When did this happen?
Thu 02/08/01 at 02:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, I saw that.

Agreed, I don't really like the look of the PS2/GC Crash but Traveller's Tales are working on it, and they are the geniuses responsible for the quite excellent Sonic 3D. I'll see what the reviews give it but if it's not 9 or more, I'll leave it.
Wed 01/08/01 at 18:55
Traveller's Tales are doing Crash, and Naughty Dog are doing Jak & Daxter.

I bought Crash 3 on the PS1 and enjoyed it immensely. Not particularly my type of game, but it had plenty to do. But having said that, unless PS2 Crash gets rave reviews, I'm in no rush to buy it. The only thing I've seen so far that looks appealing is Crash in his Ripley style exoskeleton.
Sat 28/07/01 at 10:55
Regular
1 just cause the graphice are cartoony doesent mean that the game is childish, but anyway i cant be bothered to go into that.

But anyway the crash bandicoot games are coming out on the gamecube now which is really great kind of.
Sat 28/07/01 at 08:28
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Um, you two, that was the point I was trying to make. Hmm, guess I didn't explain myself very well. :(
Sat 28/07/01 at 02:25
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Most Sonyphiles don't like childish (and I use the word seriously, because quite frankly, it is) games such as Mariom and therefore Crash isn't that much better.

I want more exhillerating games to play on.
Sat 28/07/01 at 00:22
"High polygon count"
kingklik wrote:
> Why would you? Most of you Sonyphiles have already clearly stated
> that you're not interested in Mario (which, I think, came out before
> the first Crash game) so why would you want to play a game that
> isn't up to the same standards set by Nintendo? :)

Not a question of standards, I'm afraid, just the type of game - it doesn't appeal. Crash is probably a very addictive game for fans of the genre.

I played a Mario game on my cousins N64 a few years ago (can't recall the exact name) but was bored after five minutes. I later bought Jersey Devil on the PlayStation, and had the same result. Played a demo of Spyro the Dragon - bored again. Tomb Raider, though, I love.

I'm sure they're all very nice games, but if it isn't your thing, then you don't see it as a 'good' game. That doesn't mean it's a 'bad' game though. Many of the N64's biggest games have been 3D platformers, and hence didn't appeal to me.

If you've read some of my other posts, you'll know that I am considering buying a Gamecube - not necessarily at launch, but sometime later when I have a better idea of what games are or will be available. Why? Because it's looking like it'll have more of the games that will appeal to me.
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:49
Regular
"Back For Good"
look nintendo owners if you have nothing interesting to say please bug off.

Just got back from bowling and a booze up, i got a turkey which is 3 strikes pure luck but WOW, I put £2 in for time crises 2 and is it just me or is this Soooo easy i got to the last boss with the kidnapped girl but the guy just got me at the end D'oh.

I think gaming has severly help my reflexes cus i rule on the air hockey,they also had this namco game where you actally shoot mugs and stuff real mugs didn't have ago on that one but good idea though.

anyways it's not that late but i'm absolutly shattered
c ya
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:27
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Why would you? Most of you Sonyphiles have already clearly stated that you're not interested in Mario (which, I think, came out before the first Crash game) so why would you want to play a game that isn't up to the same standards set by Nintendo? :)
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:11
"High polygon count"
Personally I never bothered with the Crash games.
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:07
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
No, I think you'll find I was referring to the new Crash game!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.