GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guinness"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/07/01 at 10:03
Regular
I was looking at an old copy of the Guinness book of records recently (1999 I think) and in it is had a section for video games.
The game in question was Mario Kart 64, and apparently some guy held the record for the fastest completion of a track (even though the recorded time was frankly not exactly amazing).

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried for a Guinness World Record for gaming ? If so how do you get Guinness to recognise that your attempt is valid.

Why did they pick Mario Kart 64 out of all the games out there ?

Strange isn't it.
Sat 28/07/01 at 11:00
Sounds cool maybe we should try and get in the record books...although Im sure we would have to video the whole game.

Technically though you would have to state what console you were playing on and what version of the game (ie UK, JAP or USA) you were playing.
Sat 28/07/01 at 10:58
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
When The broadband adapter comes out for GC then you could play tounrments of games like After Dark to find a world champion and get a record. Maby. I like it anyway.
Sat 28/07/01 at 10:45
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
His time was probaly fast but most of us could beat it. We well I didn't know that they had a section for games in the record book.

Maybe they could do one for how many enimies were killed on a certain level in a certian time on Perfect Dark or somthing.

I would think that I hold the record for.................
well, erm nothing. Ok maybe being the best at Goldeneye but nothing else. ;)

I do believe that I am pretty good seeing that everyone that I have played I beat. Even the so called "amazing players" Remote mines on Facility is my favorite.
Sat 28/07/01 at 01:53
Good thigs come to those who wait - unless you're going for a world record in which case you had better get on with it.

Paradox, isn't it.
Sat 28/07/01 at 01:51
i dont think it was just mario kart in particualar. maybe mario kart was just an example of a record breaker. matybe nextyear it will be me with perfect dark...
Fri 27/07/01 at 10:05
Regular
I suspect if you made up a challenge, and went to them with it, they'd let you do it.

Then you'd be in the record books, at least until someone looked at it and said "I can do it quicker than that" and beat it.
Fri 27/07/01 at 10:03
I was looking at an old copy of the Guinness book of records recently (1999 I think) and in it is had a section for video games.
The game in question was Mario Kart 64, and apparently some guy held the record for the fastest completion of a track (even though the recorded time was frankly not exactly amazing).

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried for a Guinness World Record for gaming ? If so how do you get Guinness to recognise that your attempt is valid.

Why did they pick Mario Kart 64 out of all the games out there ?

Strange isn't it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.