GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy : Cyrstal Clear"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles'.
Fri 09/04/04 at 11:48
"Majestic"
Its not exactly crystal clear to me how FF:CC works, If somebody would answer these questions for me, I will be very grateful.

1 Is it worth getting for single player, even though I have NO sp. I've heard that’s its rubbish without at least one SP because you don’t have a map.
2 Am I right in saying that FF:CC cannot be played with friends if you don't have as many SP's as you do friends?
3 If the answer to the above is Yes, Is there a Cheat/Code that tricks the game into thinking there’s 4 SP's attached, when there’s really 4 Pads attached. I'm sure somebody told me that - but I’m unsure. (maybe it was a Action Reply code)

Thanks a lot for your time,
If you tell me what I want to hear, I’ll go and buy it :)

:D iscodexy
Fri 09/04/04 at 11:48
"Majestic"
Its not exactly crystal clear to me how FF:CC works, If somebody would answer these questions for me, I will be very grateful.

1 Is it worth getting for single player, even though I have NO sp. I've heard that’s its rubbish without at least one SP because you don’t have a map.
2 Am I right in saying that FF:CC cannot be played with friends if you don't have as many SP's as you do friends?
3 If the answer to the above is Yes, Is there a Cheat/Code that tricks the game into thinking there’s 4 SP's attached, when there’s really 4 Pads attached. I'm sure somebody told me that - but I’m unsure. (maybe it was a Action Reply code)

Thanks a lot for your time,
If you tell me what I want to hear, I’ll go and buy it :)

:D iscodexy
Fri 09/04/04 at 12:42
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> Its not exactly crystal clear to me how FF:CC works, If somebody would
> answer these questions for me, I will be very grateful.
>
> 1 Is it worth getting for single player, even though I have
> NO sp. I've heard that’s its rubbish without at least one SP because
> you don’t have a map.

Its not really worth it too much just for single player.You dont really get the atmosphere and some of the best aspects of the game, such as trading goods with your mates, curing each other with magic and playing the mini games. However It is still a good single player adventure. The advantages are that you get to pick up every item, meaning you will get better equipment quickerandalot more money.

> 2 Am I right in saying that FF:CC cannot be played with
> friends if you don't have as many SP's as you do friends?

You dont need SPs as such, just normal GBAs. None of the four people i play with have Sps and we have coped just fine with the normal GBAs. My mate had one lying around and then took his brothers, I ahd one and my other mate took one of his brother aswell. The link up cables are really cheap. You can get unofficial ones for 4.99. if you need some more GBAs the you can alwasy pop down to a local gamestation where they sell second hand ones for 30-40 quid

> 3 If the answer to the above is Yes, Is there a Cheat/Code
> that tricks the game into thinking there’s 4 SP's attached, when
> there’s really 4 Pads attached. I'm sure somebody told me that - but
> I’m unsure. (maybe it was a Action Reply code)

yeah im guessing this is impossible, as you really do need the GBA screen to assign your moves and items to your comand list. Otherwise you cannot perform actions during the game. The Gbas really are essential to multiplayer and i doubt you can play without them.
>
> Thanks a lot for your time,
> If you tell me what I want to hear, I’ll go and buy it :)
>
> :D iscodexy

i highly recomend you buy it, even if youve only got one mate who cxan play with you. Its alright in single player but it is easily the best multiplayer coop on any console at the moment.
Fri 09/04/04 at 12:49
"Majestic"
Oh right, well thanks very much mate!
My friends don't own any kind of Gameboy Advance and nor do I.
I might go and pick up a few 2nd hand GBA's if it really is as good as you say.
Just seems alot of money (game + 2 preownded GBAs = £100) they should do bundles for people like myself.

Thanks again for your time, i better check my bank and have a good think - Cheers :)
Fri 09/04/04 at 19:43
Regular
I'd say it's worth it on one player. I only have 1 GBA so have to put up with the single player quest and I'm having a great time.
Fri 09/04/04 at 23:13
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> Oh right, well thanks very much mate!
> My friends don't own any kind of Gameboy Advance and nor do I.
> I might go and pick up a few 2nd hand GBA's if it really is as good
> as you say.
> Just seems alot of money (game + 2 preownded GBAs = £100) they
> should do bundles for people like myself.
>
> Thanks again for your time, i better check my bank and have a good
> think - Cheers :)

No problem. always happy to help out a fellow gamer. get your mates to chip in a bit for the GBAs. They will not only be pleased with the game but will be ble to do so much more with them. Do a bit of an advertising pitch for the SP and im sure they will invest!
Sun 11/04/04 at 16:30
Regular
Some places do a good second hand deal. I got an SP second hand no box for £40... which isn't bad.

The SP is worth it for more than FF:CC... Wario Ware, Metroid games...

And if you miss RARE... well they're still there.
Sun 11/04/04 at 16:54
"Majestic"
To be honest I Don't really want handheld gaming, I just want something like the image I drew on the "Nintendo advance wavebird" thread. If i got a GBA it would be for cube only, I’m just really upset that nearly every upcoming game now requires a GBA to get the most out of a game.

Look at harvest moon, great game - but if you want new records, you have to by a GBA and the GBA harvest moon, so it becomes very expensive indeed. It’s a shame you just can't buy these new records from a shop on harvest moon, because the music does my head in.

Although the Link Up idea is great for 70% of cube owners, the other 30% has to suffer, I believe they should provide an alternative route for people who don’t or can’t afford another console. Gees, the SP costs more than the Cube! And you could argue; just get a normal GBA, but if I was going to buy one, I want a proper one… Then you could argue “get a 2nd hand one” but I don’t want something like that with big scratch on, something like that would cause me to lose sleep.

-

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.