GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has anyone seen the Final Fantasy Movie yet?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/07/01 at 06:49
Regular
Has it been released in the UK yet?
It was released in New Zealand yesturday and I am off to watch it tonite witch is morning your time. I will come back on later and tell you what I thought of it
If it is out there in the UK let me know what you all thought of it.
I was reading that there are no Chocobo's in the movie (gee thats slack FF without Choco's!) but they said that Cid was the most lifelike charachter, I guess I'll find out!
Sat 28/07/01 at 03:29
/well I think they could have put in at least one person that some summon abilities, but on the other hand we don't know what upcomming FF games will be about so it could have alot to do with one of them so to say it has nothing to do with the FF games could be wrong.
if you want to look at what some people here have said about it go to http://ps2.co.nz/ and look at the forums-general section
as i said though unless the wife or girlfried is into FF then it's probably not worth taking her, so save yourself the dosh or send her to a chick flick,
Naa actually save the dosh she can pay her own way into a chick flick and you can use it to go toward a game

Sorted!!
Fri 27/07/01 at 18:47
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Few things to comment on...

1.Sorry Weetbix, I havent got a clue where to get that DVD u r talking about
2. U lot are right the FF movie doesnt have anything to do with the games
3.I was thinking that it comes out here in UK on the 10th of August
Fri 27/07/01 at 14:09
I forgot to say I thought you would have had it released before us, o'well not long now and I don't mean that sarchastically (hope I spelt that correctly)but hey you get most things before us.
on another note I have seen a few things on a dvd remote and reciever(not made by Datel)that can work like the region x key but you don't need a boot disk, you are supposed to just be able to push the button for the region you want and away it goes, has anyone seen this? and know where I can order one from? they have finally released the region x key here but its cheaper to import one from a site over there than buy it here (over NZ$100) witch is about 40-50 pounds or NZ$85 from the site over there and that's including air freight!
If you could get this other one that i have heard is about the same price it would more econmical as your getting a remote aswell!
Any replys would be great
Fri 27/07/01 at 13:56
Just got home from the movie and I can say that anyone that is a FF fan should go and see it. One of the main references from the FF games especialy FF9 is them talking about Gaia and the life forces of the earth, also there's a Doctor Sid, which I know is spelt differenty as it's normally Cid but the reference is there.(No choco's though BOOHOO!)
Actually Dr. Sid is one of the better animated charachters in the movie, the level of detail they have gone to especialy in the rendering of the hair, and I don't just mean on the main charachter but all of them, for instance sometimes you see light going behind them and you can see the most minute detils of hair on the outline of their heads.
There is the occasion were their walking looks a tiny bit stiff or the mouth movements aren't perfect but hey a couple of years ago they wouldn't have been able to animate anything nearly as good (or it would have taken forever to render)
Just think what the future will bring maybee it will make the animation in the movie look like a kids cartoon (although some of those are looking amaizing these days , have you seen action man) maybee i should say crayon drawings, well here's hoping games will do it anyway.
I won't be a nasty person and give the plot away as I know some would but as usual you all know the first one to get it is always the black guy! actually the plots not that bad the wife didn't really get it so I suggest you round up some mates that are FF fans (so you don't have to be a no-mates and sit there by yourself!" and leave the (wife /significant other/ blow up significant other/ immaginary significant other) or what ever other catagory you fit into and go see it with them instead

The other big shock was seeing a short trailer for the up comming SPIDERMAN MOVIE in 2002, it was only a couple of minutes but it looked good they showed some guys holding up a building escaping in a hellicopter then giong backwards all of a sudden and just when you think "WHAT THE F**K IS GOING ON HERE" you see they are traped in huge spider web between 2 buildings like a fly buzzing and then in swings Spidey.
It should be a good one as I was reading awhile ago that the guy that holds the rights to spiderman wounldn't give them permission to make it unless they came up with a damn good plot and story line. Evidently he told them it would be a waste of time and opportunity to spend millions of dollars on fantastic special effects and have the story suck,
and the quick tailer for the film I saw looked prety good
well no dout they will tease us alot more before it's released.

Quick joke-
2 cows standing in poddock
First cow says to the other cow " Gee I don't know about this mad cow desease aye"
The other cow replys " Lucky wer'e chickens then!!!"
Fri 27/07/01 at 13:19
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
it has nothing to do with final fantasy doesnt it?
they just called it that so more people would go see it
Fri 27/07/01 at 06:59
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
No,august 5th in the uk. and yea,Chocobo's do rule don't they.
Fri 27/07/01 at 06:49
Has it been released in the UK yet?
It was released in New Zealand yesturday and I am off to watch it tonite witch is morning your time. I will come back on later and tell you what I thought of it
If it is out there in the UK let me know what you all thought of it.
I was reading that there are no Chocobo's in the movie (gee thats slack FF without Choco's!) but they said that Cid was the most lifelike charachter, I guess I'll find out!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.