GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ultimate Console!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/04/04 at 20:18
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
In your imagination what do you think the ultimate games console should look like and what features do you think it should have?

I'd say it should be as small as a PS1,have a build in widescreen monitor and stereo surround sound speakers,it can play all games on all formats,it can play multi-region DVDs&videos, and can play CDs&tapes and can record all of them.It should have built in memory,wireless cotrollers,can go online anytime and 4 infra-red controller recievers.

What would yours be like?
Fri 09/04/04 at 20:18
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
In your imagination what do you think the ultimate games console should look like and what features do you think it should have?

I'd say it should be as small as a PS1,have a build in widescreen monitor and stereo surround sound speakers,it can play all games on all formats,it can play multi-region DVDs&videos, and can play CDs&tapes and can record all of them.It should have built in memory,wireless cotrollers,can go online anytime and 4 infra-red controller recievers.

What would yours be like?
Fri 09/04/04 at 20:50
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
Don't you think if you had a built-in widescreen moniter then it would oversize the PS1 sized console.
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:45
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
X-Box.
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:48
"period drama"
As small as PS1 ...

Have built in widescreen and surround sound...

?
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:49
"period drama"
+ you don't mean infra-red controllers.
They would be pointless.
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:52
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
If the screen was foldable then it could work.

:)
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I don't mean foldable as in it just has hinges so it stays flat, like the SP. I mean it could be folded away, like a piece of paper. Maybe in another 50 years eh?
Fri 09/04/04 at 22:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> I don't mean foldable as in it just has hinges so it stays flat, like
> the SP. I mean it could be folded away, like a piece of paper.
> Maybe in another 50 years eh?

I do talk crap from time to time.
Fri 09/04/04 at 22:53
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
You can go online anywere and save your games onto it
Fri 09/04/04 at 22:55
Regular
"The Red Shift"
have beer, coke and water tubes linked to my mouth and a scantily clad female* slave to serve me my games on a silver tray.

*although female she is still called jeeves.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.