GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon Colleseum review and screenshots"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Colosseum'.
Fri 09/04/04 at 20:44
Regular
"Underbean"
I have a import of pokemon colleseum, it is cool but maybe flawed????

What can I say but WOW. This is definitely a good..no, best game in the entire series. I mean it just has everything a good Pokemon game needs.

Gameplay - 10/10:
The RPG elements of the Story Mode are very intriguing and the amount of strategy this game requires is quite phenomenal. It is so easy to do a battle just select your attacks and the game does the rest for you.

Story - 10/10:
In Orre, a desert pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and where Pokemon are scarce, lies a great evil. Someone is turning Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon by sealing their hearts tight. It's up to you to seek out all 48 of the Shadow Pokemon and Snag them from their trainers. Once done that you must do special things so you can open up their hearts, then you can purify them, and use them for good on your team. It's easier said than done though, you'll have a ton of tough trainers in your way. And were finally away from the kiddy become the champion formula now.

Music - 10/10:
Again, the music is really good. The bosses have tense, fast paced music while other trainers have slow paced music to calm you down. The best music in the game? Just wait until you hear Miror B.'s dance theme, it's hilarious.

Graphics - 8/10:
They did a really good job with the graphics in this game and he attacks look marvelous but on the other side, the same sprites were used for old Pokemon, and that got me mad as I was hoping to see most of my favorites look so much better on the GCN. Don't let this disappoint you though- there's a lot of other more important things than graphics.

Replay Value - 7/10:
After beating the game you have to capture the remaining Shadow Pokemon you missed and then we got all of Colosseum Mode to do! It'll keep you busy for quite a while- that's for sure. But after beating everything, there isn't much fun left in the game.
Go to [URL]http://www.nintelligent.net/screens329.php[/URL]for screenshots
Sun 11/04/04 at 17:04
Regular
"??????"
I've pre-ordered my copy already.

P.S. Is this a mistake? I saw that a shop was selling Pokemon Channel for £19.99?!?
Sat 10/04/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Underbean"
i can be y'all friends if ya want, annd the reason why i posted it twice is cos i wrote it once and accidently preesed the post button twice and it came up with an error so then i had to write it out from my online review and do it all again
Sat 10/04/04 at 11:56
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I read the full review in GamesMaster last night. I have to say it put me off it a little, they have changed the formula completely. You're no longer just a kid travelling from town to town, battling and catching wild Pokemon as you go, you can only catch 50 pokemon in this entire game. I thought the entire point of the pokemon series was to go round "catchin' them all"

I don't really like the sound of the new style, but I may try to play it before I decide to buy it because it may actually be good, afterall it did score 90%, so it can't be all bad.
Sat 10/04/04 at 03:01
Regular
"rock kickin!"
dude why too of the same thing?
Sat 10/04/04 at 01:12
Regular
I'm very suprised most of this was done without spelling mistakes and bad grammar ya know..
Fri 09/04/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I just glanced through the new Gamesmaster, Colloseum got 90% which is nothing to be sniffed at. However I've still to read the full review properly.
Fri 09/04/04 at 20:49
Regular
"rock kickin!"
cool!!! do you want to be buddys?(praypraypraypraypray praypraypray)
Fri 09/04/04 at 20:44
Regular
"Underbean"
I have a import of pokemon colleseum, it is cool but maybe flawed????

What can I say but WOW. This is definitely a good..no, best game in the entire series. I mean it just has everything a good Pokemon game needs.

Gameplay - 10/10:
The RPG elements of the Story Mode are very intriguing and the amount of strategy this game requires is quite phenomenal. It is so easy to do a battle just select your attacks and the game does the rest for you.

Story - 10/10:
In Orre, a desert pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and where Pokemon are scarce, lies a great evil. Someone is turning Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon by sealing their hearts tight. It's up to you to seek out all 48 of the Shadow Pokemon and Snag them from their trainers. Once done that you must do special things so you can open up their hearts, then you can purify them, and use them for good on your team. It's easier said than done though, you'll have a ton of tough trainers in your way. And were finally away from the kiddy become the champion formula now.

Music - 10/10:
Again, the music is really good. The bosses have tense, fast paced music while other trainers have slow paced music to calm you down. The best music in the game? Just wait until you hear Miror B.'s dance theme, it's hilarious.

Graphics - 8/10:
They did a really good job with the graphics in this game and he attacks look marvelous but on the other side, the same sprites were used for old Pokemon, and that got me mad as I was hoping to see most of my favorites look so much better on the GCN. Don't let this disappoint you though- there's a lot of other more important things than graphics.

Replay Value - 7/10:
After beating the game you have to capture the remaining Shadow Pokemon you missed and then we got all of Colosseum Mode to do! It'll keep you busy for quite a while- that's for sure. But after beating everything, there isn't much fun left in the game.
Go to [URL]http://www.nintelligent.net/screens329.php[/URL]for screenshots

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.