GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Golden Sun 2 - help needed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age'.
Sat 10/04/04 at 14:28
Regular
1. Is there anywhere in the game where you can buy the water of life?

2. I am at the end of game and I need to raise my character's stats to face doom dragon. Whereabouts is the best place to build up my stats?

3. Only one of my character's can use revive magic. Is there another way of getting revive magic for another of my characters.

Thanks if you can help.
Mon 12/04/04 at 17:21
"The Will of D."
I'm the resident Golden Sun helper around this forum.
Mon 12/04/04 at 15:06
Regular
Many thanks for the help.
Sun 11/04/04 at 22:47
"The Will of D."
Jimmy the Saint wrote:
> 1. Is there anywhere in the game where you can buy the water of life?

No surprisingly, but there are alternative methods of reviving characters that have been downed, like certain Djinn, or Isaac and Felix's revive ability once they have 4 earth djinn.

> 2. I am at the end of game and I need to raise my character's stats
> to face doom dragon. Whereabouts is the best place to build up my
> stats?

Sea of time Cave, in the long corridors from the teleport ring to the boss chamber.
If you come across a Fire bird and an enemy I would take out the enemy and only hurt the fire bird once, the fire bird will reive the falen enemy letting you take him out again and again until the fire bird runs or you kill it with a water Djinn (Must be water djinn for extra exp), let me explain fire birds have surpridingly high exp to give of, and if killed by a water djinn they give off even more than usual, but are prone to run away or revive enemies with their special regen dance ability which is a very unique ability for an enemy to have.

Okay the best way to train up is to just fight all those enemies untily uo come across one of the fire birds and another enemy or do the ame and also wait for 2 fire birds together which are quite rare, but they do happen, and when they do you can get up to 50,000 exp in one fight.
I shall explain how now. When you fight with them make sure that the character you are using is faster than your 2 Mercury adepts which you must have both in you team, and has no special effects on his or her weapon, when that's done go search for them. Also I would have one of you entire pary healers like jenna to keep them alive. lastly if you are running out of djinn to use I would get the other mercury adept to reset his own djinn during the other one's turn to attack.

Okay if you encounter them make sure to only attack one of them with the fast character, and then have one of your mercury adepts to attack with a damaging djinn. On then next turn wait until the other fire bird revives it's partner with regen dance, and just defend til that turn is over or until you have to wait for it to revive it as it may not do it on both it's moves per turn. when it does do the same as with the other fire bird and kill the one that just revived it's partner with the same technique as before, for this cycle to work for as long as possible you must keep alternating the fire you kill. Also if you feel you may loose the remaining fire bird I suggest you kill it off to collect on the exp, but if only one of th birds runs while the other stays suggest take the other out since he cannot revive a foe that isn't dead.
I used this technique until all 8 of my characters were level 99, but I did have a lot of practice to come up with this guide

> 3. Only one of my character's can use revive magic. Is there another
> way of getting revive magic for another of my characters.

No, but there are certain Djinn that can revive characters, Dew a water djinn from GS2 can revive all downed characters which is the best, 3 of the original GS1 djinn I think from fire, earth and water classes and a few fire and water from GS2.

> Thanks if you can help.
Sat 10/04/04 at 14:37
Regular
Microchips wrote:
> www.gamefaqs.com

I know of gameFAQS, but I thought someone could answer my questions without me having to trawl through a massive guide. I've already look through a few guides but I haven't found the answers to my questions.
Sat 10/04/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
www.gamefaqs.com
Sat 10/04/04 at 14:28
Regular
1. Is there anywhere in the game where you can buy the water of life?

2. I am at the end of game and I need to raise my character's stats to face doom dragon. Whereabouts is the best place to build up my stats?

3. Only one of my character's can use revive magic. Is there another way of getting revive magic for another of my characters.

Thanks if you can help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.