GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battle Royale!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/01/07 at 18:57
Regular
And it's today, a saturday. I've been waiting five months for this. (I'm too poor/young to get it on dvd).

Film four

10:45pm

Yeee!
Mon 29/01/07 at 17:50
Regular
"you've got a beard"
well, i liked it anyways. although i must admit i didn`t like it enough to repeat watch.

saw Severence last night though, bear traps ftw!
Sun 28/01/07 at 20:29
Regular
"8==="
Very_Metal wrote:
> anime = japanese animation
> manga = comics
>
> also Battle Royal 2 was pretty damn good, you`re just fed up
> because it wasn`t a rehash of the first one. the 2nd one is more
> about the politics of it all and stuff. i can certainly see why
> some people DON`T like it though.

Ahaha 'pretty damn good'. Ok it was good up until they arrived on the island, at that point the original director must have snuffed it and his son went on to make the rest of the film INCREDIBLY DULL.

Battle Royale pretended to be intelligent but it really boiled-down to kids killing each other in a variety of ways. That's what the sequel should have been, instead it turned into complete rubbish with people running about in the middle of a gunfight talking about 'always forever being friends forever friends etc etc' so much that you wanted to puke. Oh and the awfully implemented 'war philosophy' guff that simply doesn't come across as interesting or informative, it's just preachy and incredibly boring.

Utter utter crap.

And it never seemed to end! I'd put it alongside Cabin Fever for being a movie that takes a great idea and completely ruins it through countless poor decisions and then not editing it all down to some manageable running time.
Sun 28/01/07 at 18:24
Regular
No I think it sucks for many reasons, the most obvious being that the storyline makes no sense at all. The newer characters have no personality when compared to the first film. the list goes on.
Sun 28/01/07 at 17:29
Regular
"you've got a beard"
anime = japanese animation
manga = comics

also Battle Royal 2 was pretty damn good, you`re just fed up because it wasn`t a rehash of the first one. the 2nd one is more about the politics of it all and stuff. i can certainly see why some people DON`T like it though.
Sun 28/01/07 at 12:30
Regular
Urgh Battle Royale 2 sucked big time, the plot made no sense whatsoever and the main character sucked.

Also I thought anime was japanese animation and manga was japanese comics?
Sun 28/01/07 at 01:53
Regular
"8==="
No idea. What I do know is that "Manga" was the most successful brand/company for Anime in the UK: so the name stuck just like americans say the company name 'Xerox' instead of 'photocopy'.
Sun 28/01/07 at 01:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Manga is just the name for Japanese comics.
Sat 27/01/07 at 22:15
Regular
"lets go back"
Isnt manga just the Japanese word for comic?

At the end of the day if you want to call it manga, graphic novels or whatever else they get known as these days, all of that stuff is still known as comics.
Sat 27/01/07 at 21:43
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
....what is the difference between Manga and Comic?
Its just one is Anime.
Sat 27/01/07 at 17:38
Regular
Firstly that wasn't a comic, that was a manga. Secondly that was number two in a series, not based on the second movie.

Finally, yes it is sophisticated, the manga offers far more plot development and character background then the movie does.

^-^

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.