GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"lg 3200e multi reigion hack!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/07/01 at 13:48
Regular
some of you may have seen this in the games room but i thought it may get more noticed in here
ok
1.press power making sure the disc tray is empty
2.press pause
3.enter 3,1,4,1,5,9 the display will read either "code 00" or "code --"
4.enter the region number (or 0 for multi-region)
5.press pause
6.press power to turn off the player,then leave it for a while before turning it back on.

hey presto! multi-region filming!!

dont blame me if you wreck your player by using this hack it is not my fault if you do you are using it at your own risk.it should work i got it from a reliable source
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:48
Regular
some of you may have seen this in the games room but i thought it may get more noticed in here
ok
1.press power making sure the disc tray is empty
2.press pause
3.enter 3,1,4,1,5,9 the display will read either "code 00" or "code --"
4.enter the region number (or 0 for multi-region)
5.press pause
6.press power to turn off the player,then leave it for a while before turning it back on.

hey presto! multi-region filming!!

dont blame me if you wreck your player by using this hack it is not my fault if you do you are using it at your own risk.it should work i got it from a reliable source
Thu 26/07/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
Yup this has been posted here before as i posted it about a month ago. It woeks on every version of the firmware in the 3200E except version 1.0(which my parents have). To check the version of the firmware do the following:

1. Press "SETUP" button on the remote
2. Select TV Aspect
3. Place the cursor on 16:9 wide
4. Enter "1 3 9 7 1 3 9" on the remote
5. Press "ENTER" on the remote
6. Press "SETUP" to clear the information once read

If you find that you happen to have verion 1.0 then, only if your player is still under the years guarantee, then contact LG on 0870-607-5544 and tell them of your problem (say you cant play Fight Club(R2) on your player because of the fact that the promotional galleries and stills sections of the second disc will not play). They will then arrange a pick up of your player and about a week later you should have the most up-to-date version allowing full multi-region capabilities. Unfortunately i only discovered this hack was available after my parents year was up so no upgrade was available.

If you have any of the later LG DVD players (3000E, 3350E/1E/1P, 4210, 4710, 4730, 4750, 4830)
then your in luck as the multi regional hack works on all models too.

If you have any of the following players then you can also enable the VCD hack for each machine:

**DVD-3000E, DVD-3350/1/E/C, DVD-4210, DVD-4730, DVD-4750.**

1. Power on the player with no disk in the drive
2. Press "PAUSE" on the remote
3. Enter "1472" on the remote (the characters 01 47 should appear on the display) [If your player is a non UK model, this number will probably be different - don't worry]
4. Press the UP arrow three times (the characters 04 Fd should appear on the display) [This number may be different depending on the configuration of your specific model - don't worry]
5. Press "PROGRAM", "6", "PROGRAM", "5" (the characters 04 FE should now be displayed)
6. Press "ENTER" (the display should flash briefly)
7. Press "RETURN"
8. Power the player off and then back on

NB. If you feel that you have made a mistake then press RETURN before you press ENTER as by pressing ENTER will save the changes and pressing RETURN will cancel the changes you have made so far.

It has been discovered that it completely screws up the 3200E machine and I would advise you not to even attempt it.

Some of the machines listed above that do not already play MP3 discs will now play them after performing the VCD hack but only on original discs as it will not read any CDR or CDRW discs after the process has worked. This is mainly concerned with the 3000E and the 4210.

Hope this is of use to some people out there who were none the wiser beforehand.

Source of information c/o:

http://members.tripod.co.uk/ittroll/
Thu 26/07/01 at 19:31
Regular
you have to come on in and steal my thunder dont you
hang your head in shame you bad bad person
Thu 26/07/01 at 21:02
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Stealing your thunder? Did you find out the hack yourself or copy it from one of the many websites that present the information for our use - much like the one the second poster cited?
Thu 26/07/01 at 22:42
Regular
site...no magazine yes but still he stole my thunder!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.