GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Content (as in happy)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/01/10 at 14:15
Regular
"And in last place.."
Have you ever been content with your games collection?

For as long as I can remember I have played games and for as long as I remember I have always had 1 eye on what game I am getting next. I've always got too many games on the go at one time, I always ban myself from buying games and I always break that ban. But right now I find myself in unfamiliar surroundings, I'm actually content with what I have and I don't want any new games. It is a strange feeling and I'm not sure how long it will last but for now, I'm enjoying it.

What's different this time? Variety I think. My current priority playlist is Fable 2, Trials HD, Need for Speed Shift, FIFA 10, Tiger Woods 08 (bang up to date I am) and Midnight Club LA. It is perhaps too many games on paper/internet page but other than Fable 2, each of these games I can have a quick shot on and then leave for a few days without risk of forgetting what I was doing or forgetting parts of a story. The other night I had a round of golf, played a few games of FIFA and then allowed Trials HD to torture me. I'm normally spending an entire gaming session on a single game and doing so for many sessions in a row but now I find myself flitting between games regularly and I'm really enjoying it. Long may it last.
Tue 12/01/10 at 11:04
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Back when the PS1 was around, I had a collection large enough that I was contented with what I had. Then, when I finally got Final Fantasy VII about a quarter of the way through the PS2s life cycle, I was happy to play solely that. Generally, I will be happy with what I've got until i'm finished with what I have.

At the moment though my general set-up for games includes one or two games that "never finish" (Street Fighter IV, PES2010) that I play in the periods in which I don't actually have a rental game to play. This generally means I always can be occupied by a game without having to go back and re-play something.
Tue 12/01/10 at 10:30
Regular
"THFC"
AC2 was really good, i loved it and completed it very quickly. You can always tell how much you are liking a game, as you will find yourself wanting to get back and play it or thinking about it when your not playing it....... or is that just me? lol

Been playing Darksiders over the past few days, and it is a good game. The dungeons are so much like playing a Zelda game, and the combat is a mix of this and God of War i guess. It does work well and i am happy at the moment, but the first dungeon was a bit long winded and i started to get a bit annoyed near the end. So might not be one i see to the end but the story seems solid and the graphics, controls etc all work well.
Tue 12/01/10 at 10:17
"possibly impossible"
Even though I don't have time to play them all, I always want new games.

That's why I like the more arcady games that I can just pick up and play, though AC2 has been great as well.
Mon 11/01/10 at 21:51
Regular
"THFC"
Really?

There are a load i want to get my hands on to try and go through;

Uncharted 1 & 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Dead Rising 2
Gran Turismo 5
Along with a load more and some old PS classics lol
Mon 11/01/10 at 20:57
Regular
"How Ironic"
There are no games coming up that i'm interested in to be honest. Might get some during the summer just out of boredom lol.
Mon 11/01/10 at 15:43
Regular
"THFC"
Everyone gets enjoyment out of different aspects. I like to go through a story and then if it has a decent Online Multiplayer i will keep it. I have only been through a couple of games more than once in my life (they are all RPG's or Mario / Sonic etc lol)
Mon 11/01/10 at 15:37
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm never satisfied with what I have. I had a list of games for 2010 after E3 09. I'll play any game as long as it doesn't make me feel sick.

I'm also a completionist, which is very bad news for me as I have a load of games I haven't even touched yet. I'm enjoying what I'm currently playing though and I've enjoyed what I've played in the last 6 months. In a way, I guess that it is all that matters to most people. Not me though. :)
Mon 11/01/10 at 15:09
Regular
"And in last place.."
Emmie87 wrote:
> I do not think anyone can say that they have all the
> games they would like at the moment in time.

I completely agree and whilst I do not want any games right now because it will upset the balance I currently have, I'm expecting to be changing that roughly around the time Bioshock 2 is released.
Mon 11/01/10 at 14:47
Regular
"THFC"
I play a lot of games. I go through some really quickly and i am always looking to the next load i want.

But there are some classic games i wish i had more time to play (or less good games coming out that i could create the time)

FF7 and Suikoden on PSN i would love to have, but i dont think i would even play them. But tempted to grab a PSP and then get them games on there for when i go on Holiday or in bed etc.

I am always content with my games (well 95% of the time) but i am quick to get new games and sometimes if i have picked up a bad game, it will get traded at CEX very quickly lol.

Still there are so many great games, old and new and even ones you replay. I do not think anyone can say that they have all the games they would like at the moment in time.
Mon 11/01/10 at 14:15
Regular
"And in last place.."
Have you ever been content with your games collection?

For as long as I can remember I have played games and for as long as I remember I have always had 1 eye on what game I am getting next. I've always got too many games on the go at one time, I always ban myself from buying games and I always break that ban. But right now I find myself in unfamiliar surroundings, I'm actually content with what I have and I don't want any new games. It is a strange feeling and I'm not sure how long it will last but for now, I'm enjoying it.

What's different this time? Variety I think. My current priority playlist is Fable 2, Trials HD, Need for Speed Shift, FIFA 10, Tiger Woods 08 (bang up to date I am) and Midnight Club LA. It is perhaps too many games on paper/internet page but other than Fable 2, each of these games I can have a quick shot on and then leave for a few days without risk of forgetting what I was doing or forgetting parts of a story. The other night I had a round of golf, played a few games of FIFA and then allowed Trials HD to torture me. I'm normally spending an entire gaming session on a single game and doing so for many sessions in a row but now I find myself flitting between games regularly and I'm really enjoying it. Long may it last.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.