GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Surprised at the traffic..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/01/10 at 21:35
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Well many of you know I have recently set up a paranormal research site, based around the activities of my team.

I recently created a facebook page and a twitter account linked to the site and traffic is just hurtling through!

I now have been indexed by google, as well as a lot of other search engines and people are requesting linkbacks to my site.

I have not paid a penny in advertising and literally used word of mouth. There are so many ways to get yourself noticed out there, so don't be put off by the thought your webpages will be gathering dust in a far corner of the web.

...and to think, before the .info giveaway, I never even dreamed I'd be able to make my own website. They even list your site in their directory!

Thank-you freeola!

*although I am still working on ways of getting myself visited, any other free ways of website promotion I may have missed out?
Fri 08/01/10 at 15:07
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Warhunt wrote:
> Better than it being fantastically gorgeous I guess Butch.
>
> Glad to see someone is making use of our offers in a productive
> way. It's what we wanted after all.

I've even mentioned it to some friends who seem very interested (Sarah from my team for one). Fingers crossed she'll go for it and an InstantPro subscription too! In all honesty, if it does prove to provide a small income, I may buy some of your other packages too :)

@Hmmm...thank-you. It hadn't changed since I was trialing the free homepage, so kinda forgot about it! Will definitelt have to do some more SEO'ing soon!

And thanks freeola staffies for being super nice when asking about problems ;)
Fri 08/01/10 at 15:04
"Are you sure?"
HM wrote:
> ...Actually, that's a great point. Thanks Hmmm...
> EDIT: How does that look now?...

Yep - that's much better.
Once GoogleBot revisits it will all go to help improve your search engine placings.

[link=http://www.hmmm.ip3.co.uk][s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 08/01/10 at 14:42
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Better than it being fantastically gorgeous I guess Butch.

Glad to see someone is making use of our offers in a productive way. It's what we wanted after all.
Fri 08/01/10 at 14:13
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
ButchML wrote:
> Nothing more to add really, just wanted to emphasise something
> for prosperity.
>
> LukeM wrote:
> If your traffic gets super nice, you might find yourself
> earning
> quite a bit from your site itself.

THNX m8!!111
Fri 08/01/10 at 13:33
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hmmm... wrote:
> You can still do more SEO -
> i.e. "Welcome to our Homepage!" is a waste of your home
> page title which is really important to SEs! ;¬)
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]
> @twitter

Actually, that's a great point. Thanks Hmmm...

I'm getting there slowly....this whole interweb building is quite new to me, so just shocked at how easy things were to what I first thought.

Adsense is now £1.12 in total. Still, need more pages to display the links and similarly, more traffic to view the pages.

EDIT: How does that look now? Too bad I can easily make rhyming couplets :s
Fri 08/01/10 at 13:05
Regular
"How Ironic"
HM wrote:
> Freeola InstantPro is awesome - well worth £3 a month (and
> I think the .info promotion is still running - get in there
> Chris!)

I got a .info address, just don't use it :P
Fri 08/01/10 at 12:31
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Nothing more to add really, just wanted to emphasise something for prosperity.

LukeM wrote:
> If your traffic gets super nice, you might find yourself earning
> quite a bit from your site itself.
Fri 08/01/10 at 10:51
"Are you sure?"
... I believe HM is already both using AdSense and is on Twitter!

HM - don't forget to add your Freeola site to your user profile so that people can find your site easily (and it's yet another traffic source for you).

You can still do more SEO -
i.e. "Welcome to our Homepage!" is a waste of your home page title which is really important to SEs! ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter
Fri 08/01/10 at 10:01
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
You may not have paid for any advertising but you might want to start offering places for advertising to related businesses or using a service like Google adsense to monetise and fund your site!!

If your traffic gets super nice, you might find yourself earning quite a bit from your site itself.

Along with that make sure you get yourself in plenty of ghostly directories online, and perhaps a Twitter account to provide updates for your latest findings and link to new pages on your site. Twitter might be overkill though... after all it is rather more bark than bite.
Fri 08/01/10 at 08:18
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> I currently own a URL (not with Freeola :() but i've not done
> much with it so far. Really need to learn Web Design (and
> Dreamweaver)

Freeola InstantPro is awesome - well worth £3 a month (and I think the .info promotion is still running - get in there Chris!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.