GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Biased posters code of hounour.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/07/01 at 08:45
Regular
1) Anything difference between your console and another comapnies' console MUST be a bad thing.

2) If the console seems to have ANY weak points, exploit them as far as possible.

3) If you play a game you don't like on another console, all the games on that console must be bad.

4) Read up on the history of all other console companies. ANYTHING thats ever gone wrong must be exploited to its full potential. Never let them forget it.

5) Never admit ANYTHING is wrong with your console.

6) If a game on another console is delayed, it is incompetance. If a game is delayed on your console, they are making improvements, so it is a better final game.

7) If anyone you know owns a console other than the one you support, you must never talk to him/her, and make life as difficult for them as possible.

8) If another person tries to contradict your post in any way, do whatever you can to stop them doing it again.

9) Never be rational. Never compromise.

10) Remember: If your consoles specs are bettered by another console, you must argue that specs don't matter. The extra processing/graphics poer will not be useful if there are no quality games.

11) However, if the specs on your console exceed those of another one, yours must be superior, as it will have better gameplay, graphics and sound.

12) Any publication supporting another console must be proved to be biased, childish, or ethicaly incorrect.

13) If you dont win an argument, or leave it unfinished, you are effectively betraying your console. Keep arguing, until your opponent gives in.

14) If you see that you cannot win the argument on facts, make things up.

15) Personal insults work well

A SMALL EXPAMPLE OF AN IDEAL ARGUMENT:

Person no.1:
The Gamecube will be really good, I mean look at the screenshots. The specs aren't that bad either, so hopefully the game developers will make something out of them. Some of the realease games look a little childish, but we have lots of others to look forward to!

Biased Poster:
But the GC runs on optical disks! The PS2's DVDs are much better!
And anyway, the GC has an ugly handle, so it cant play games well!
Oh, and by the way, Luigis mansion will be crap, I'v eplayed Mario style games before. If they cant even get a release game right, they'l all be crap!
If Nintendo are so good, tell me why the PSX was more popular than the N64? because Sony rule, and Ninty will never be able to live up to them!
And how can you say that the first generation of PS2 games aren't that good? They are excellent, I cant find a fault in a single one of them!
And how long was PDark delayed for? So we can expect to see the GC in early 2005?
And the specs? Pah! A few extra polygons wont be noticable! And even if the GC was to have a higher bit-level than the PS2, it wouldn't show on a 24 bit TV! Loser!
At least the PS2 has a decent mag supporting it! ALL the N64 ones are crap, especially NOM!
And anyway, Nintendo aren't making another console after this, and wil be develpoing games for the PS3! (Rule no. 14)

We hope that this comprehensive guide to being biased will help you to prove that your console beats all the competition.

OUT SOON! Two more insightful posts by TheBest publications:
How to win a GAD/FAD by cheating!
AND
Where to copy reviews from!
Thu 26/07/01 at 08:45
1) Anything difference between your console and another comapnies' console MUST be a bad thing.

2) If the console seems to have ANY weak points, exploit them as far as possible.

3) If you play a game you don't like on another console, all the games on that console must be bad.

4) Read up on the history of all other console companies. ANYTHING thats ever gone wrong must be exploited to its full potential. Never let them forget it.

6) If a game on another console is delayed, it is incompetance. If a game is delayed on your console, they are making improvements, so it is a better final game.

7) If anyone you know owns a console other than the one you support, you must never talk to him/her, and make life as difficult for them as possible.

8) If another person tries to contradict your post in any way, do whatever you can to stop them doing it again.

10) Remember: If your consoles specs are bettered by another console, you must argue that specs don't matter. The extra processing/graphics poer will not be useful if there are no quality games.

11) However, if the specs on your console exceed those of another one, yours must be superior, as it will have better gameplay, graphics and sound.

12) Any publication supporting another console must be proved to be biased, childish, or ethicaly incorrect.

13) If you dont win an argument, or leave it unfinished, you are effectively betraying your console. Keep arguing, until your opponent gives in.

A SMALL EXPAMPLE OF AN IDEAL ARGUMENT:

Person no.1:
The Gamecube will be really good, I mean look at the screenshots. The specs aren't that bad either, so hopefully the game developers will make something out of them. Some of the realease games look a little childish, but we have lots of others to look forward to!

Biased Poster:
But the GC runs on optical disks! The PS2's DVDs are much better!
And anyway, the GC has an ugly handle, so it cant play games well!
Oh, and by the way, Luigis mansion will be crap, I'v eplayed Mario style games before. If they cant even get a release game right, they'l all be crap!
If Nintendo are so good, tell me why the PSX was more popular than the N64? because Sony rule, and Ninty will never be able to live up to them!
And how can you say that the first generation of PS2 games aren't that good? They are excellent, I cant find a fault in a single one of them!
And how long was PDark delayed for? So we can expect to see the GC in early 2005?
And the specs? Pah! A few extra polygons wont be noticable! And even if the GC was to have a higher bit-level than the PS2, it wouldn't show on a 24 bit TV! Loser!
At least the PS2 has a decent mag supporting it! ALL the N64 ones are crap, especially NOM!
And anyway, Nintendo aren't making another console after this, and wil be develpoing games for the PS3! (Rule no. 14)

We hope that this comprehensive guide to being biased will help you to prove that your console beats all the competition.

OUT SOON! Two more insightful posts by TheBest publications:
How to win a GAD/FAD by cheating!
AND
Where to copy reviews from!
Thu 26/07/01 at 09:31
Regular
LOL!!

Very good!
Thu 26/07/01 at 10:08
There weren't any refrences in it to people off of the forums, honestly!
Thu 26/07/01 at 10:24
Regular
TheBest_2k1 wrote:
> There weren't any refrences in it to people off of the forums,
> honestly!

You know what...I don't really think you are telling the truth Dan. What do you think Turbonutter?.........

(;o|
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:04
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hurrah that was amusing :D
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
Are you sure you haven't got it the wrong way round??

It seems as though the biased person makes more sense...

{:) "ONCE YOU POP, YOU CAN'T STOP!!" CLASSIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well, I can se this post is almost begging for a reply from me so here's my breakdown:

Well, possibly. I try to avoid things like that.

Yup, done that before. But who doesn't?

Now that I have done almost. I have played 6 Nintendo games and I didn't like 5 of them. Therefore, I conclude that if this is the best it can offer, the rest are not for me.

Nah, far too much effort to waste on Nintys ;-)

Now Have admitted there are a few things wrong with the PS2 unlike all of the Nintys.

Hmmm. Never come across this.

That's persecution.

How? I WANT TO KNOW! MWWHAA HAA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh this just screams Ninty.

Nintys always do this.

Never done this either.

I don't need to prove that NOM is biased, childish or ethically incorrect.

Loads of people say I do this, but the truth is I argue for fun.

I have seen a Ninty do this before, but I have not done it intentionally to the best of my knowledge.

*cough* SIMON!!! *cough*

Ah well, that was a good post. Well done Dan.
Fri 27/07/01 at 07:33
TBN, your '10 steps to being a Ninty' is great, except its wrong :)

Hm, what other posts like this can we think of..............?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.