GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Do I Make An Autoplay???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/07/01 at 02:02
Regular
Hey everbody,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm currently working for a company called L2 Productions. We are looking into the manufacture of business card CDs. These work exactly as normally cds but are the same size as normal business cards.

The idea is to produce these cards with a copy of either a video or the company's website on. It would be extremely useful if we could create an autplay so a menu appeared when the CD was inserted or the file automatically opened.

If anyone could help I would be so grateful

Thanks in advance.

Andi
Thu 26/07/01 at 14:13
Regular
You need to create something called a autorun.inf

To do this open a text editor like notepad and insert the following text:

[autorun]
open=yourwebpage.ht ml (remove space)

Then save it as autorun.inf and place it in the root directory of your CD with the web page document.

Hope this works OK...

Dav1d
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Write a .exe program that launches the html/avi page. Also, see if it will execute a .bat file.
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:10
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
As far as i know you can't autorun html or avi or anything like that. Autorun will basically start a program (why it works with .exe files) and not a document (which is what your html or avi files are). Profesionals always use Macromedia Direcor and create an interface which will give you more flexibility and a more professional appearance, although it is a big investment and can take a while to learn if you haven't used it before - free trial at www.macromedia.com.
Thu 26/07/01 at 11:08
Regular
"How Handy."
Tried it. It doesn't work with anything but .exe files and I need it to work with html and avi files.
Thu 26/07/01 at 02:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Ummm, well this is just a guess but I think you have to have a file called Autorun.inf in the top level of your CD (IE not in any directories). This has got to contain:

[autorun]
open=file.exe

You have to replace the name of the file, obviously. If the filename has spaces, you might have to put it in quotes as well.

This is just a guess but I'm 95% on this. Better try it on a CD-RW first.
Thu 26/07/01 at 02:02
Regular
"How Handy."
Hey everbody,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm currently working for a company called L2 Productions. We are looking into the manufacture of business card CDs. These work exactly as normally cds but are the same size as normal business cards.

The idea is to produce these cards with a copy of either a video or the company's website on. It would be extremely useful if we could create an autplay so a menu appeared when the CD was inserted or the file automatically opened.

If anyone could help I would be so grateful

Thanks in advance.

Andi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.