GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo - lost the plot or wot?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/04/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Conker the King"
Did anyone else see the FULL PAGE ad in Saturdays Daily Mail re the Nintendo £10 Million giveaway?

I was gobsmacked - literally! They really do have no idea about advertising do they? I have said this before and will go on saying it until they change the way they work!

If Nintendo have £10 million to give away, why the hell haven't they used it on 'proper' ads for their very best games? Again, the kiddy ads on satellite cartoon channels does nothing for their image.

I am totally disillusioned with Nintendo. The Cube does has extremely low sales in this country and they need to do something about it soon. Mind you GAME don't help (I HATE that shop) the CUBE section is now not only at the back in the corner but now only 1 section of shelf! Says it all really doesn't it!
Thu 22/04/04 at 17:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Ashman wrote:
> missyp wrote:
> in earthworm jim 3d,i want to know where the marble is on level
> boogie
> nights of the living dead,so i can get to violent death valley
>
> This topic is about Nintendo's advertising not Earthworm Jim, I
> suggest you try starting another topic.

NO! Don't encourage them!! We've had enough trouble with Chaos0 and Todd..
Thu 22/04/04 at 16:53
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
missyp wrote:
> in earthworm jim 3d,i want to know where the marble is on level boogie
> nights of the living dead,so i can get to violent death valley

This topic is about Nintendo's advertising not Earthworm Jim, I suggest you try starting another topic.
Thu 22/04/04 at 16:53
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Dringo wrote:
> It's not about where the shelves are...
>
> There are 3 GAME'S in cambridge and they all display Nintendo
> Gamecube games in the middle of the store with as much space as they
> need.

Same at the three GAME's I have ever been into.
Thu 22/04/04 at 16:23
Regular
"elliott"
where is the last marble in earthworm jim 3d, on boogie nights,because at the end of the level it says i have completed the levels but when i get to the beginning of death valley it tells me to go back and get one more marble,please help!.Has anybody completed it?
Thu 22/04/04 at 16:18
Regular
"elliott"
in earthworm jim 3d,i want to know where the marble is on level boogie nights of the living dead,so i can get to violent death valley
Tue 13/04/04 at 22:45
Regular
It's not about where the shelves are...

There are 3 GAME'S in cambridge and they all display Nintendo Gamecube games in the middle of the store with as much space as they need.

There isn't that many Gamecube games after all.

GAME promote Nintendo A LOT...

Gamestation are moderate and Game Tron are crap.

Honestly.
Mon 12/04/04 at 16:07
"I love yo... lamp."
AfroJoe wrote:
> I'd like to have the same kind of GAME you're talking about, Dringo,
> but all 3 of the GAME stores I can visit have Nintendo and all their
> software crammed into a couple of tiny shelves at the back of the
> shop.

I never actually noticed that until now. Buchanan St has a full wall, but at the very back. And it's dark. Braehead and St Enoch centre have just a few shelves. In fact, the one in Debenhams is (was, maybe) the only one with a decent size GC section. Gamestation are no better, the Xbox section is 3 times the size of the GC section, which is hidden between the DVDs and the Dreamcast stuff. GeForce are no better either.

But the main reason for the lack of support is that GC sales are so small in Britain, compared to the PS2 and the Xbox. In the States there are much bigger GC sections because far more people have them.
Mon 12/04/04 at 14:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
My Game has a reasonable Cube section - at least 2 whole stand 'things', albeit much larger Xbox/PS2 section though. However, the independant store I usually shop at has a large Cube selection
Mon 12/04/04 at 14:00
Regular
The PS2 version wasn't cocked up, it just didn't have the anti-alaising capabilities because they were bespoke to the Dreamcast as a console. Everything else is the same.
Mon 12/04/04 at 13:56
Regular
Just a straight port of the PS2 version I'm afraid. Couldn't really see anyone wanting it who already had the original.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.