GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Payback webpage for none payment of web design"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/01/07 at 14:21
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Hi,

If like me, recently you have spent many hours creating a website to someones exact specifications.......Only to be told they now want it totally different as they have changed their mind. Then refuse to pay you.

Here's the solution, withdraw the current website and put up this webpage as their new index.htm (nice right click msg):

Link to Webpage

Strangely works very well !!! payment straight away, job done.

Feel free to modify or use yourselves.

Dan ;-)
Fri 19/01/07 at 16:30
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Dan 777 wrote:
> 'Obviously' I would NOT treat a customer in this way UNLESS it
> was justified (ie: just this once).

My point was its never justified.
If I was a potential client do you think I'd want to engage you knowing you might do something like this? The right or the wrong of matter is irrelevant to me, all I care about is how you might treat me as client. And this leaves me with a negative impression. Your client may well be in the wrong, but its not worth damaging your own reputation over.

> Yes I agree with your points but I would have been left with
> nothing for all the work carried out.

Only if you didnt pursue the matter in the proper "legal" manner.
Fri 19/01/07 at 15:37
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Having been taken for a fool I clearly had no intention - whatsoever - of letting them get away with it or doing any further work on behalf of this person.

'Obviously' I would NOT treat a customer in this way UNLESS it was justified (ie: just this once).

Yes I agree with your points but I would have been left with nothing for all the work carried out.
Fri 19/01/07 at 15:26
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sorry but I cannot recommend this approach at all. Ultimately all you achieve is

a) Antagonize your client. So even if it works this time the chances of you getting further work from them or them being willing to recommend you diminishes.

b) Open yourself to legal action. Its one thing to follow due procedure and eventually remove a website due to dispute. When you move into the territory of defaming a person/business's name or doing something that damages their business you're opening yourself up to alsorts of things. And yes it can and does happen that businesses take legal action over this.

Simply if people dont pay for good/services the law is on your side. Being "funny" gives your client more ammunition than it'll ever give you.
Fri 19/01/07 at 14:21
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Hi,

If like me, recently you have spent many hours creating a website to someones exact specifications.......Only to be told they now want it totally different as they have changed their mind. Then refuse to pay you.

Here's the solution, withdraw the current website and put up this webpage as their new index.htm (nice right click msg):

Link to Webpage

Strangely works very well !!! payment straight away, job done.

Feel free to modify or use yourselves.

Dan ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.