GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What happened to the SNES?!?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/07/01 at 16:34
Regular
you cant buy games for them any more, few people have them, they are really good(in my opinion), yup, thats da 1 im talkin about the super nintendo!!
i have one but cant get games any more, and personaly i think they are better than the playstation cos you dont have to wait for it to load and the games are big and chunky so they dont brake easily!!
people talk as if they never exsisted but i think they should make a come back!!

THE SNES RETURNS!!

that could be good!!
any way!!
bye!!
Wed 25/07/01 at 16:34
you cant buy games for them any more, few people have them, they are really good(in my opinion), yup, thats da 1 im talkin about the super nintendo!!
i have one but cant get games any more, and personaly i think they are better than the playstation cos you dont have to wait for it to load and the games are big and chunky so they dont brake easily!!
people talk as if they never exsisted but i think they should make a come back!!

THE SNES RETURNS!!

that could be good!!
any way!!
bye!!
Wed 25/07/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
I have no idea why I am replying to this but most SNES consoles lie dusty up in the loft until one night when the owner and his mates get quite drunk and fancy playing Mario Kart. And this is a more acceptable way to spell, you'll get more responses this way.
Wed 25/07/01 at 16:46
Regular
"You've upset me"
This is a post that I won for a while ago, but I believe it has particular relevence here, so I'm gonna post it again:

SNES Revival!

I’m sure we all agree, even if you’re a Sony or Sega fan, that the SNES was a great console. There’s no denying it! But it has faded now. It had a lot of great, GREAT games. But it’s dead. It was the most popular console of its time, even beating the Megadrive. But it’s gone. It was probably Nintendo’s crowning achievement. But it’s now not merely pushing up daisy’s but practically rocketing them into orbit!

Yes, I’m sure a lot of people (including myself) were sad to see it go, but it’s gone now. All it’s great games are now only alive in people’s memories, and maybe some people are still playing their SNES. I have regrettably sold mine. I really wish I hadn’t, but I have. I really miss some of the games. Old classics like F-Zero X, Secret of Mana, Super Mario World... There are loads and loads of them. I’m pretty sure by now that you can tell what I’m getting at. Yup, a SNES revival!

Hey! Put down those placards! We don’t need to protest! The Revival is already happening. Even the slowest of you should get what I mean by now. I’m talking about the GameBoy Advance of course! It has already been confirmed that three SNES titles are getting the ‘Advanced treatment’ They are namely, Mario Advance, Mario Kart Advance and F-Zero Advance. The original Super Mario Brothers (Well not the ORIGINAL, but the SNES version) was a *huge* success, absolutely massive. Mario Kart... Do I need to go any further with this sentence? Err, no I don’t think so. And of course F-Zero X. F-Zero, blah blah blah, break neck speeds, yadda yadda yadda, great fun... You get my drift? With these titles and loads more rumoured to be updated, (R-Type being among them!) the GBA truly will have pulled off the SNES Revival.

But, of course, the GBA can’t JUST have updates of old games. It has to have its fair share of original titles to keep the players happy.

Luckily there are tons of original games being developed (or rumoured to be developed anyhow) for the GBA at the moment! With the GBA’s combination of updates, completely original titles, cool look and excellent all round ability to entertain (yes I have played on one). I believe that I can’t go far wrong in saying that this is going to be the best handheld console ever. And probably one of the best consoles ever. Handheld or otherwise.

RBS

So basically I'm saying get a GBA you cheap git

:-D
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:06
Regular
What happened to the SNES?

The Playstation.
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:31
I still have my SNES and play it regulary I find that the best place to buy games is at places like cash generator and cash converster. Also try phoning your local swap shop they might have some games lying in store rooms, I managed to get a couple myself. The games usually cost about £3. As for a revival if we are very lucky nintendo might release some sort of classics disc for the gamecube (please please).

Hope this helps.
Wed 25/07/01 at 22:28
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I still have my SNES and it works like a beaut still. Games are hard to get but go to an online auction or look in the paper or somthing
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:04
Emulation is the key!

Who needs a snes when you've a PC and internet access???

(By the way, I have a SNES and have only downloaded snes roms to back up the games that I've bought... erm.. including Secret of Mana 2)

*Tarrant scuttles off to hide from the feds in a nearby bush*
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:09
Graphics. They might not be the most important thing needed for a game but still only being a 16-bit console does pale in comparison to it's baby brothers, the N64 + GC
Thu 26/07/01 at 00:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You will find a lot of snes games on Ebay, and usually at good prices.
Thu 26/07/01 at 00:41
Regular
{crying}i sold my snes and my mega drive what was i thinking ...boooo hoooo hoooo hooo oh dear god what was i thinking hooo hooo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.