GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox released 3 days after Gamecube"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/07/01 at 15:30
Regular
Microsoft have made a bit of a screw-up, or Nintendo have used their brains, because In America the Gamecube is released 3 days before the XBox, which almost certainly means the Gamecube will outsell the XBox. Another major factor is the price- The gamecube is $100 cheaper than the XBox. I think the XBox is doomed!
Mon 30/07/01 at 11:26
Regular
BTW, I've just heard that the 'Cube is out 2 weeks before the XBox in the US.
Sun 29/07/01 at 17:28
Ive also heard that the Cube may be launched 3 days earlier but they will still have to be delivered to shops...Microsoft claim that there launch date is the date the Xbox will be in shops.

We can only wait and see what happens, the race is far to close to call...and depends on who can provide the most stock!
Sun 29/07/01 at 17:25
I suspect many people with only $150 cash will get a GameCube.... unless of course they can earn the extra dosh in 3 days!
Fri 27/07/01 at 16:03
Regular
True, if someone is definately going to get an XBox, the fact that they could get a 'Cube 3 days earlier won't disuade them.

If some people are unsure, I doubt they'd go for a 'Cube as they'd wait for the XBox and see what sort of titles will be available.

I suspect only diehard Nintendo fans will get a 'Cube on launch.

I'm personally going to wait until they've both been out a few months and then decide.
Fri 27/07/01 at 00:37
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I think the whole thing is rather silly. If you have a huge wad of cash to invest in a console will a three day wait really make a difference in your decision? Would years stretching into the future glimmering brightly be effected by 72 hours?
Wed 25/07/01 at 16:08
Regular
3 days? Thats weird.

I would have thought they'd both be released on a monday, Don't know why, so there'd be a week between them.

Anyway, remember, MS can always change their release date. I'm sure no-one would complain if they brought it forward a week or two.

Also, don't write the XBox off just yet. There are plenty of people out there who are looking foward to it immensely, and don't care much for the 'Cube.

All I'll say is: wait and see.
Wed 25/07/01 at 15:30
Microsoft have made a bit of a screw-up, or Nintendo have used their brains, because In America the Gamecube is released 3 days before the XBox, which almost certainly means the Gamecube will outsell the XBox. Another major factor is the price- The gamecube is $100 cheaper than the XBox. I think the XBox is doomed!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.