GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone played .hack infection part 1?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game '.hack / Infection Part 1'.
Tue 13/04/04 at 22:03
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
If you've played .hack, can you tell me if it's any good? I'm going into town tomorrow and it's on the maybe list.

Ta.
Wed 14/04/04 at 20:50
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea I know about the voiceovers. I'm not expecting the game to be mindblowing or anything, but it is the first PS2 game that I've had any desire to play in a long time.
Wed 14/04/04 at 20:42
Regular
"accidental superher"
it's nothing mind blowing...but i think it's worth a play
just thought you should know you can't have the original japanese voiceovers (which is in my opinion better) until you complete the game
Wed 14/04/04 at 19:58
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I decided to get this today. I haven't really had a proper chance to play it yet, I've just been reading through all the messages on the boards before the main game.

I like the concept though, it's quite original, a game within a game. 10-15 hours gameplay is certainly enough for me and if I do like this game, then I can look forward to the next 2 games in the series.

This is the first PS2 game I've bought since January, so I'm hoping it turns out to be good.

:)
Wed 14/04/04 at 04:14
Regular
"accidental superher"
oh should also add that this game only lasts around 10-15 hrs
and you should get upto about lvl 30-35
and you can carry over your saves to the next episode

the creators have also been cheeky because like the matrix they have got lots of .hack stories which are all interconnected.

.hack//sign is the first tv series which is a prelude to the game and many of the characters from it will be in part 2 onwards
.hack//legend of the twilight bracelet (or something like that) follows on from the end of the game
.hack//liminality is the dvds which come with the game and focuses purely what's happening in the real world.

and i'm sure there's a comic book series as well
Wed 14/04/04 at 00:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It's a pretty good series of games, nice idea with the MMORPG inside a RPG game however like beanz said it's a real time RPG, which makes it very repetitive although the same can be said for all real time RPG's. If you don't mind that then it's a pretty decent buy, although there are 3 more yet to come out in Europe so you'll have to be in for the long slog to get the most enjoyment out of the games
Tue 13/04/04 at 22:12
Regular
"accidental superher"
real time...pretty simplistic really
Tue 13/04/04 at 22:11
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Thanks for the insight beany man.

:)

Is it real time fighting, or turn based like FF?
Tue 13/04/04 at 22:06
Regular
"accidental superher"
i have...and completed it...
if you can handle repetitive gameplay then yeah it's alright
it's quite an interesting concept...and in this episode there is barely any plot development. the extra disk with the anime series is a nice addition.
i've got my US copies of part 2 and 3 coming through the post soon :D
if you want to get this game for 20 quid (sealed) -i bought 2 copies accidentally *sigh* then email me on [email protected]
Tue 13/04/04 at 22:03
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
If you've played .hack, can you tell me if it's any good? I'm going into town tomorrow and it's on the maybe list.

Ta.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.