GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Serious Sam: The Next Encounter"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Serious Sam : The Next Encounter'.
Wed 14/04/04 at 17:06
Regular
Ah a mindless shooter that looks more fun than a really fun game that jumps up and down screaming fun (similies slowly declining).

Anyway game looks a good laugh to me, has had some positive feedback in the recent Kerrang! and over at IGN. Claiming it to be a fun, mindless blaster... which is what I really fancy playing.

Anyway I've heard of 2 possible release dates... this friday or the friday after. If it is this Friday wahoo a good game soon, if it is next friday wahoo a good game when I can technically afford it.

So not too bothered, just it would help to know.

Cheers.

Dringo.
Thu 15/04/04 at 00:38
Regular
And Amazon say 16th.

I guess we'll wait and see.
Wed 14/04/04 at 20:50
Regular
According to GAME its released on the 23rd at £20

PLAY say the 16th at £33

SR seems to think the game doesn't exist

Gameplay say 23rd also at £18
Wed 14/04/04 at 20:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Sounds brilliant. Once I finally get round to buying BG&E, I'll get this.
Wed 14/04/04 at 20:41
Regular
Impressively, the title actually features not only a four-player split-screen deathmatch mode on GameCube, but a full-blown two-player split-screen cooperative mode, too. The latter is well implemented and entertaining, though -- again -- mindless. The two-player dynamic merely means that two players slay enemies simultaneously; there are no puzzle challenges based around this addition.

From IGN

Sounds like i'll be investing in this!
Wed 14/04/04 at 20:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
To be honest I had more fun on Serious Sam co-op than on Halo.
Wed 14/04/04 at 20:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I was waiting for TS, but then SR don't have it in stock either! grrrrr I hope it's in stock by the end of the holidays, so I actually get to play it a bit.

Serious Sam on the PC was pretty fun, especially in co-op (two people on a keyboard - how did I even manage that?), so if I see it nice and cheap (£10) one day I'll get it but only if it has a co-op. Does it? If it does then I suggest you all buy a friend and play that.
Wed 14/04/04 at 19:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I certainly wouldn't pay over £25 for it, but it should be good fun.

I won't get it though.

I still need TS. EVERY DAMN PLACE IN EXETER IS OUT OF STOCK!

So I was weak and got SP:PT, PGR2 on ze Xbox and SSX3 on Cube.

And I've played SSX3 more than the other two. So much better. I love SSX.

Harvest Moon is currently glued to my brother, so I can't actually play it. Ever.....
Wed 14/04/04 at 18:55
Regular
"8==="
Strange, it's publisher TBA for Xbox and it's online on the PS2 version...

Might be taking a route similar to Die Hard: Vendetta then.
Wed 14/04/04 at 18:46
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
It's out for Ps2 and Gamecube and can be found at around £17.99 *cough* at gameplay *cough* of course buying from Special Reserve is the better option! It's release date i thought was this friday (16th) Hope that Helps!

Don't expect too much and you'll get alot back (if you know what i mean)...
Wed 14/04/04 at 17:32
Regular
"8==="
Excellent.

Should be multiformat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.