GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starcraft..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Starcraft'.
Wed 14/04/04 at 17:14
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I just recieved it today through the post and I have to say for £3.50 its a great bargain hell if it was £20 it would still be worth it and I can see why it won GOTY. Im the sort of guy who really doesn't find stratergy games the most fun. Infact I hate most of them with only a few exeptions Shogun Total War being well the only one.

The graphics aren't really the best in the world even for me who just goes for the classics range but some of the elements and scenarios of the game do make you think "whoa". For example when I saw 150 cavalry archers release wave after wave of burning arrows towards my Infantry in Shogun Total War I thought that was as cool as it gets. But now after just this morning witnessing a maelstrom of aliens plough through my base of operations destroying everything that gets in thier (sp?) path on some bad graphics literally made me fall of my chair.

I also cant be bothored to write anymore so im just going to finish it with what a great game discuss

El fin.
Fri 16/04/04 at 02:04
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Single player was never 'that' good, Basic commands like go kill this and win, and collect certain amount of stuff, its missions like these that make you feel you are wasting your time or something :p Blizzard's games were never good in single lol ;)

The fun with blizzard lies in the Online world :)
Thu 15/04/04 at 19:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I tried playing it, but i couldnt get into it.
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I bought the Starcraft Warchest which came with the original game, the expansion Brood War and two strategy guides. That was a while ago though, but it was one of my favourite games for a long while.
Thu 15/04/04 at 02:27
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Im loving it so far I have saved where I have no idea what an Enemy colony are doing and I only know that they have a BIG army so I have prepared for the worst. My speeders charge in as scouts taking out alot of thier soldiers then I send in the Flamethrowers back with Machine cover fire. Then in come the heavies and I blow the place to smitherines.

Or they overpower me and I get my ass kicked therefore meaning I have to rebuild the whole of my colony whilest getting attacked.
Wed 14/04/04 at 21:44
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Starcraft is a damn good game: I remember playing it quite a bit a few years back. It's pretty easy: My brother managed to complete it, and he's dumber than your average JAT.
Wed 14/04/04 at 17:15
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Also if you have it installed my email is [email protected] (you may laugh it was the first thing that came into my head) email me on the times you will be on Battle.net and I will create a game or something.
Wed 14/04/04 at 17:14
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I just recieved it today through the post and I have to say for £3.50 its a great bargain hell if it was £20 it would still be worth it and I can see why it won GOTY. Im the sort of guy who really doesn't find stratergy games the most fun. Infact I hate most of them with only a few exeptions Shogun Total War being well the only one.

The graphics aren't really the best in the world even for me who just goes for the classics range but some of the elements and scenarios of the game do make you think "whoa". For example when I saw 150 cavalry archers release wave after wave of burning arrows towards my Infantry in Shogun Total War I thought that was as cool as it gets. But now after just this morning witnessing a maelstrom of aliens plough through my base of operations destroying everything that gets in thier (sp?) path on some bad graphics literally made me fall of my chair.

I also cant be bothored to write anymore so im just going to finish it with what a great game discuss

El fin.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.