GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pink Floyd."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/07/01 at 20:57
Regular
I began listening to Pink Floyd at an early age, my dad wouldn't let me listen to anything else, to tell the truth I used to deteste every bit of it...

All the records that I used to listen to were not a normal young boys music diet. L.Cohen, Steve Miller, Yes, Bob Dylan, Gillian Anderson, Velvet Underground and Pink Floyd were amoung my diet.

All I wanted to play was my older brothers NWA music and America Hip Hop music, I thought that was great with all its swearing and rubbish!

..and then I grew up.

Pink Floyd without one shadow of a doubt in my mind is the greatest band ever, every lyrical line is original and great to listen to. 'Just to lone souls swimming in a fish bowl, going the same old ground'.

Every song of there huge release list is superior to the rubbish released nowadays in the market, perhaps their most well known album 'Dark Side of the Moon' is not their best, for me their best it 'The Wall' in which one of the most famous concerts ever was performed to.

Yes, nowadays I do listen to Hip Hop and other music, but I will still play at least one Pink Floyd album a day, because I feel this band thirty odd years ago engineered what we have as one of the greatest industries in the world, the music industry.

Any of you out there that have your dad's record collection at hand, go on. Grab an old CD and slap it in the drive... listen, because you won't be disapointed.

And now I wait for the worms to come and eat my brains...

Thanks
er-yes
Wed 01/08/01 at 16:32
Pink Floyd rule all that is good and pure.

Oh and the rest too.
Wed 01/08/01 at 15:16
Regular
"Back in black"
Of the album Ummaguma, one of the longest songs ever: 'severeal speices of small furry animals gathered together in a cave grooving with a pict' :D
Tue 31/07/01 at 17:27
"possibly impossible"
Ah yes, The Floyd. Great band and a fantastic live act too. If you can hunt it down, you will be able to find a Video CD of Pulse, well worth getting.

The Wall on DVD is also recommended.
Tue 31/07/01 at 15:01
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Goodness... he's so cool.

A more sensible suggestion would be to try out the Yellow Brick Road thing, play the film with Dark Side of the Moon running as the "soundtrack". Supposedly fits perfectly (intentionally, obviously!).
Mon 30/07/01 at 21:59
A "friend" tells me that if you haven't listened to Pink Floyd On Acid (or mushrooms) then you haven't herd properly them at all!
(Ps I'm not condoning Drug use!)
Wed 25/07/01 at 18:50
Regular
"Rendering Women."
'If you don't eat your meat. You can't have any pudding!! How do you expect to have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?'

'I got. Some bad news for you sunshine! Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel, and they have sent us along as a seregade band. We're gonna find out where you fans really stannnndddd... are there any queers in the theatre tonight? Get them, up against the wall?.....'

SUPER!
Wed 25/07/01 at 09:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Floyd was the 1st gig I ever went to. Went because my mate was well into them and I had grown up on them, thought "Why not?"

Not too keen on the really early stuff, Syd Barret days, but the stuff from Relics onwards I think is fantastic.

"The lunatic is on the grass...got to keep the loonies on the path"
Fantastic.

Dark Side of The Moon, one of the greatest albums ever made.
Wed 25/07/01 at 09:22
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Ha, I used to have to listen to that as well because of my Dad.

I mainly just liked the flashing light on that massive Pulse album or whatever it was called but now I find that the Music is actually quite good.

Plus they have a great name.
Tue 24/07/01 at 20:57
Regular
"Rendering Women."
I began listening to Pink Floyd at an early age, my dad wouldn't let me listen to anything else, to tell the truth I used to deteste every bit of it...

All the records that I used to listen to were not a normal young boys music diet. L.Cohen, Steve Miller, Yes, Bob Dylan, Gillian Anderson, Velvet Underground and Pink Floyd were amoung my diet.

All I wanted to play was my older brothers NWA music and America Hip Hop music, I thought that was great with all its swearing and rubbish!

..and then I grew up.

Pink Floyd without one shadow of a doubt in my mind is the greatest band ever, every lyrical line is original and great to listen to. 'Just to lone souls swimming in a fish bowl, going the same old ground'.

Every song of there huge release list is superior to the rubbish released nowadays in the market, perhaps their most well known album 'Dark Side of the Moon' is not their best, for me their best it 'The Wall' in which one of the most famous concerts ever was performed to.

Yes, nowadays I do listen to Hip Hop and other music, but I will still play at least one Pink Floyd album a day, because I feel this band thirty odd years ago engineered what we have as one of the greatest industries in the world, the music industry.

Any of you out there that have your dad's record collection at hand, go on. Grab an old CD and slap it in the drive... listen, because you won't be disapointed.

And now I wait for the worms to come and eat my brains...

Thanks
er-yes

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.