GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"reviews of jurassic park 3 and meet the parents *warning - some spoilers*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/07/01 at 20:48
Regular
Here are my personal reviews of two films, dino-fest - jurassic park 3 and the hilarious comedy -meet the parents.

lets start with the second sequal to jurassic park,jurassic park 3.

we have felt the ground shaking for a while over this one. we all knew it was coming,but we wernt shaw what to espect.
we knew it would be a bit different as it was no longer directed by movie legend steven spielburg,instead by the man behind jumangy, joe johnson.

the film was set to start at my local cinema at 2pm.i had just come out of woolworths after buying my sweets and drink (i dont pay those massive movie prices)and i looked at my watch 1:56.i rushed down to the cinema with my mate.we brought our tickets and went in.the adverts had started so the lights were off and man was it dark.we couldnt see where we were going,or where the spare seats were.so we slowly made our way to the front.the movie started and i just knew i was going to jump a few times before we see the end credits roleing.
the film started with a boy and a man hand gliding along past the island where lost world took place.this scene looked so tacky and fake.then accident strikes and forces the handcliders to land on the dino infested island.
we then cut to dr alan grant who you will remember from the first jp.he has been conducting research on raptor intelagents and their ability to talk to one and other.
he is then tricked into going to the island by a rich devorced couple.the act as they are together and want to take an adventure in an aroplane around the island, but really they want to look for their son who had been missing for 8weeks,who was the boy at the start of the movie.
their plane is taken down by a new massive dinosur called spinosourous who plays a big part in the film.as they look for their son they encounter many dinosours including the new pteradons.

things i liked about the movie:

many people said it was too short,i thought it was just right. 92 min thats longer than some films these days.i always thought that the first 2 jps were too long and i started to get a bit bored in them.but jp3 was just right.

the fight between the trex and spinosour was good aswell its a shame it didnt last very long.it could have been a bit gorier but then i spose they wanted it sutable for kids.

another thing people have focused on is the not so good acting.i dont know if its me,but i thought it was ok.but its a computer generated dinosour movie,you go to see them not their food.

i dont like things in films that make me jump,thats not my kinda thing.i was expecting to jump loads in this film,but i didnt.there were a few times i did:

when he kicked the vending machine - i didnt see that coming

when the raptor that was in the class tube burst out.

the pteradon bit was alright,every one says its trhe best part off the film.it was good but not as good as i expected.i guess hype strikes again.

i liked that it had some funny parts,like the mobile inside the dinosour and the barny bit.

what i didnt like about it was:

do you remember those dinosours from the first jurassic park,the ones that spit.where are they at, they were a no show it both the sequals.it would have been good to see them again.and maybe a few more new dinosours.

lack of deaths,i dont want to sound too blood firsty or anything but i would have liked to see a few more daths,maybe even a main character but i dont think that will ever happen.

the pg rating. as it was a pg it didnt have much suspens, deaths,gore and dino horror.it also ment that there was a room full of annoying little kids kicking your seat and whispering to each other 'are you scared,im not are you'

the other thing i didnt like and i knew that most people will agree with me is the ending.or lack of ending.after geting in contact with that lady from the first jp,the army and navy are sent to the island.the cast make it to the beach to meet a helicoptor to fly them to safety along with the army and navy men.the helicopter flies off,they look out the window,and see the pteradons flying off,then finish.

while searching the internet one day,i found the original script for the end off the film.i think they should have used it:

grant sits for a moment,staring out at the blue water of the pacific,his mind full of unswerable questions.he turns to ellie.

grant: thanks for saving my life
ellie: thanks for asking

and then,a dark shape appears behind ellie,at the open side door of the helicopter.

the chopper shakes

its the giant pteranodon, and its climing inside

grant: it thinks were a predator!

the pteranodon snaps its massive toothy beak onto ellies shoulders: she cries out in pain

a couple of mariens go for their weapons

paul.grant and mark are prepared to fight the ugly reptile with bare fists if they have to but amanda beats them to it.

she swings a fire extinguisher, landing a blow straight across the pteranodons head. even she is surprised by her strength

the pteranodon falls away from the helicoptor, catching wing just before it hits the water.

as horrifying as the creature was a moment ago,its suddenly beautiful again.each motion of its great wings is a small symphony

it circles and flies away,but not to isla sorna. the reptile turns east and heads to sea. after a beat, we see it joined by two others

as the chopper skirts the coastline of isla sorna, hereds of herbivores graze peacfully,in a large, open valley.

amanda is sitting next to paul,shes shell-shocked and weary from lack of sleep and extream fatigue. her clouthes are ragged, her face is caked with dried blood,her hair is mattered and filthy.

she tries without success to pull some foreign matter out of her hair, paul gazes at her

paul: you look great

amanda stares at him for a bit,then smiles and puts her head on his shoulder

moving to the window next to grant, eric watches the grazing dinosours for the last time

eric: what do you thinks going to happen to them?

grant: the population will stabalize. they'll adapt to fit different roles. just like they did for a hundred and fifty million years

on eric and grant
looking down at the island

eric: i hope so. i'd like to come back someday.

paul and amanda look at their son and smile.and dr alan grant realizes ...

grant: so would i

see that one was much better than the ending they used,do you think they ran out of time or something.
maybe this one left it wide open for a 4th and they dessided they didnt want to do one .

an idea i had for a 4th (using the ending used) the tteranodons take over a city,millions of them and the film is about them getting rid of them.
then they go over to the island to destroy all the last dinosours.

right now i think thats just about enough for jurassic park 3.

5*****
you will enjoy it if your young or old.i think its the best so far,but thats because of the time,the first two i found to be too long and so i started to get bored,but this is just right.
it maybe a lot like the previous two but if you remember you loved them and they were some of the biggest movies in a long time.

you must go see this.
you will not be dissapointed.

here is the next review - meet the parents.
now i know this ones out to rent now,but its not on the special reserve list so i have to review it in here.

Jay roach the director of austin powers has got a new comedy hit.in which he has teamed up the original odd couple, tough guy robert deniro and funny man ben stiller.the plot is as follows, greg focker (stiller) a hospial nurse( yes i did say nurse)is in love with pam a kindergaden teacher and he wants to pop the big question to her.but first he has to get her father's (deniro) blessing.
he intends to do this when him and pam travel to her parents house for her little sisters wedding. things start to go wrong at the airport when greg has to leave his lougage in the 'trusting' hands of the airport staff.who loose the suitcase.but its no ordenary suitcase it contains the ingagment ring greg planned to give to pam.when they arrive at pams parents house greg straight away gets on deniros bad side when pam tells her cat loving dad that greg happens to hate cats.deniro even managed to teach his cat jinks to use the toilet.as time goes by greg gets into a hole heap of trouble including flooding the garden with toilet water,destroying the earn which holds the remains of deniros beloved mother.he also burns down the ulta that pams 'perfect' exboyfriend kevin hand carved from woon and is accused of puffing the magic dragon (smoking pot).greg soon discovers that deniro was a cia human lie detector which makes things just a little bit worse.will things work out ok and will greg propose to pam,to find out you need to rent the movie or buy it whjen its released on video and dvd soon.
meet the parents is a mile a minuite joke fest from start to finish.with great actors, characters , story and fun.
so if you like films with toilet trained cats,and endless jokes,this film is for you.if you still cant think exactly what the idea behind the film is then picture this.your coming home to meet your girlfriends parents, you ring the door bell and robert deniro answers.

STORY: the story is simple but hilarious from start to finish with twists and turns to the end.

CHARACTERS: during the course of the movie you really start to love and feel for the characters,disscover their past and their ins and outs.this is a resuld in both good writing and acting.

JOKES: some jokes come straights at you but some you need to think about ,but when youve got it, its even funnier than the easy jokes. its not just the spoken words that make you laugh in this film.its also the facial expressions,actions and hand jestures.one of my favourite parts of the film is when greg mimes out how he suposivly miked a cat when he was young.

i give this film a well earned
A+

a must see
the funnies thing in a long long time.

well thats it, yep its finaly other.
i hope you enjoyed reading and didnt get too bored .
thanks for reading

chris
Thu 26/07/01 at 01:30
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Did it really require three posts to say that?

Should I start marking my posts *warning - some humour*?
Wed 25/07/01 at 19:13
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
i spent a very long time writing that post.
if you dont have anything good to say dont bother posting.
Wed 25/07/01 at 19:12
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
CDouch wrote:
> any have taght me, that you should shut the hell up

and you have taught
Wed 25/07/01 at 19:11
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
any have taght me, that you should shut the hell up
Wed 25/07/01 at 01:03
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Some posts inspire you to write an impassioned and heart felt reply, others maybe just make you think. More than either of those, from some posts you actually learn something, and I can only say thank you to the authors of those oh so special posts.

Your musings have taught me that when making obvious Film of the Day attempts ALWAYS use proper punctuation and a spell checker.
Tue 24/07/01 at 20:49
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
oops
where that says miked a cat, its sopossed to be milked a cat
Tue 24/07/01 at 20:48
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Here are my personal reviews of two films, dino-fest - jurassic park 3 and the hilarious comedy -meet the parents.

lets start with the second sequal to jurassic park,jurassic park 3.

we have felt the ground shaking for a while over this one. we all knew it was coming,but we wernt shaw what to espect.
we knew it would be a bit different as it was no longer directed by movie legend steven spielburg,instead by the man behind jumangy, joe johnson.

the film was set to start at my local cinema at 2pm.i had just come out of woolworths after buying my sweets and drink (i dont pay those massive movie prices)and i looked at my watch 1:56.i rushed down to the cinema with my mate.we brought our tickets and went in.the adverts had started so the lights were off and man was it dark.we couldnt see where we were going,or where the spare seats were.so we slowly made our way to the front.the movie started and i just knew i was going to jump a few times before we see the end credits roleing.
the film started with a boy and a man hand gliding along past the island where lost world took place.this scene looked so tacky and fake.then accident strikes and forces the handcliders to land on the dino infested island.
we then cut to dr alan grant who you will remember from the first jp.he has been conducting research on raptor intelagents and their ability to talk to one and other.
he is then tricked into going to the island by a rich devorced couple.the act as they are together and want to take an adventure in an aroplane around the island, but really they want to look for their son who had been missing for 8weeks,who was the boy at the start of the movie.
their plane is taken down by a new massive dinosur called spinosourous who plays a big part in the film.as they look for their son they encounter many dinosours including the new pteradons.

things i liked about the movie:

many people said it was too short,i thought it was just right. 92 min thats longer than some films these days.i always thought that the first 2 jps were too long and i started to get a bit bored in them.but jp3 was just right.

the fight between the trex and spinosour was good aswell its a shame it didnt last very long.it could have been a bit gorier but then i spose they wanted it sutable for kids.

another thing people have focused on is the not so good acting.i dont know if its me,but i thought it was ok.but its a computer generated dinosour movie,you go to see them not their food.

i dont like things in films that make me jump,thats not my kinda thing.i was expecting to jump loads in this film,but i didnt.there were a few times i did:

when he kicked the vending machine - i didnt see that coming

when the raptor that was in the class tube burst out.

the pteradon bit was alright,every one says its trhe best part off the film.it was good but not as good as i expected.i guess hype strikes again.

i liked that it had some funny parts,like the mobile inside the dinosour and the barny bit.

what i didnt like about it was:

do you remember those dinosours from the first jurassic park,the ones that spit.where are they at, they were a no show it both the sequals.it would have been good to see them again.and maybe a few more new dinosours.

lack of deaths,i dont want to sound too blood firsty or anything but i would have liked to see a few more daths,maybe even a main character but i dont think that will ever happen.

the pg rating. as it was a pg it didnt have much suspens, deaths,gore and dino horror.it also ment that there was a room full of annoying little kids kicking your seat and whispering to each other 'are you scared,im not are you'

the other thing i didnt like and i knew that most people will agree with me is the ending.or lack of ending.after geting in contact with that lady from the first jp,the army and navy are sent to the island.the cast make it to the beach to meet a helicoptor to fly them to safety along with the army and navy men.the helicopter flies off,they look out the window,and see the pteradons flying off,then finish.

while searching the internet one day,i found the original script for the end off the film.i think they should have used it:

grant sits for a moment,staring out at the blue water of the pacific,his mind full of unswerable questions.he turns to ellie.

grant: thanks for saving my life
ellie: thanks for asking

and then,a dark shape appears behind ellie,at the open side door of the helicopter.

the chopper shakes

its the giant pteranodon, and its climing inside

grant: it thinks were a predator!

the pteranodon snaps its massive toothy beak onto ellies shoulders: she cries out in pain

a couple of mariens go for their weapons

paul.grant and mark are prepared to fight the ugly reptile with bare fists if they have to but amanda beats them to it.

she swings a fire extinguisher, landing a blow straight across the pteranodons head. even she is surprised by her strength

the pteranodon falls away from the helicoptor, catching wing just before it hits the water.

as horrifying as the creature was a moment ago,its suddenly beautiful again.each motion of its great wings is a small symphony

it circles and flies away,but not to isla sorna. the reptile turns east and heads to sea. after a beat, we see it joined by two others

as the chopper skirts the coastline of isla sorna, hereds of herbivores graze peacfully,in a large, open valley.

amanda is sitting next to paul,shes shell-shocked and weary from lack of sleep and extream fatigue. her clouthes are ragged, her face is caked with dried blood,her hair is mattered and filthy.

she tries without success to pull some foreign matter out of her hair, paul gazes at her

paul: you look great

amanda stares at him for a bit,then smiles and puts her head on his shoulder

moving to the window next to grant, eric watches the grazing dinosours for the last time

eric: what do you thinks going to happen to them?

grant: the population will stabalize. they'll adapt to fit different roles. just like they did for a hundred and fifty million years

on eric and grant
looking down at the island

eric: i hope so. i'd like to come back someday.

paul and amanda look at their son and smile.and dr alan grant realizes ...

grant: so would i

see that one was much better than the ending they used,do you think they ran out of time or something.
maybe this one left it wide open for a 4th and they dessided they didnt want to do one .

an idea i had for a 4th (using the ending used) the tteranodons take over a city,millions of them and the film is about them getting rid of them.
then they go over to the island to destroy all the last dinosours.

right now i think thats just about enough for jurassic park 3.

5*****
you will enjoy it if your young or old.i think its the best so far,but thats because of the time,the first two i found to be too long and so i started to get bored,but this is just right.
it maybe a lot like the previous two but if you remember you loved them and they were some of the biggest movies in a long time.

you must go see this.
you will not be dissapointed.

here is the next review - meet the parents.
now i know this ones out to rent now,but its not on the special reserve list so i have to review it in here.

Jay roach the director of austin powers has got a new comedy hit.in which he has teamed up the original odd couple, tough guy robert deniro and funny man ben stiller.the plot is as follows, greg focker (stiller) a hospial nurse( yes i did say nurse)is in love with pam a kindergaden teacher and he wants to pop the big question to her.but first he has to get her father's (deniro) blessing.
he intends to do this when him and pam travel to her parents house for her little sisters wedding. things start to go wrong at the airport when greg has to leave his lougage in the 'trusting' hands of the airport staff.who loose the suitcase.but its no ordenary suitcase it contains the ingagment ring greg planned to give to pam.when they arrive at pams parents house greg straight away gets on deniros bad side when pam tells her cat loving dad that greg happens to hate cats.deniro even managed to teach his cat jinks to use the toilet.as time goes by greg gets into a hole heap of trouble including flooding the garden with toilet water,destroying the earn which holds the remains of deniros beloved mother.he also burns down the ulta that pams 'perfect' exboyfriend kevin hand carved from woon and is accused of puffing the magic dragon (smoking pot).greg soon discovers that deniro was a cia human lie detector which makes things just a little bit worse.will things work out ok and will greg propose to pam,to find out you need to rent the movie or buy it whjen its released on video and dvd soon.
meet the parents is a mile a minuite joke fest from start to finish.with great actors, characters , story and fun.
so if you like films with toilet trained cats,and endless jokes,this film is for you.if you still cant think exactly what the idea behind the film is then picture this.your coming home to meet your girlfriends parents, you ring the door bell and robert deniro answers.

STORY: the story is simple but hilarious from start to finish with twists and turns to the end.

CHARACTERS: during the course of the movie you really start to love and feel for the characters,disscover their past and their ins and outs.this is a resuld in both good writing and acting.

JOKES: some jokes come straights at you but some you need to think about ,but when youve got it, its even funnier than the easy jokes. its not just the spoken words that make you laugh in this film.its also the facial expressions,actions and hand jestures.one of my favourite parts of the film is when greg mimes out how he suposivly miked a cat when he was young.

i give this film a well earned
A+

a must see
the funnies thing in a long long time.

well thats it, yep its finaly other.
i hope you enjoyed reading and didnt get too bored .
thanks for reading

chris

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.