GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"POLL : Immortality"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/07/01 at 17:03
Regular
Who wants to live forever... ???

Given the choice how long would like to live for?

How long do you rekon is enough time to have a decent fulfilling life?

65? ... 80? ... 100? ... Forever?

How long do you want to live for?
Tue 24/07/01 at 17:03
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Who wants to live forever... ???

Given the choice how long would like to live for?

How long do you rekon is enough time to have a decent fulfilling life?

65? ... 80? ... 100? ... Forever?

How long do you want to live for?
Tue 24/07/01 at 17:07
Regular
I want to live only as long as I am capable of doing things myself.

As soon as I need help to do the basic things in life (Like get up, have a bath, eat, go to the toilet etc) then I don't want to live any more. Whether I'm 25 or 105 won't make any difference.

Having said that, I suspect I may think a bit differently when I'm actually there!

:-)
Tue 24/07/01 at 17:10
I want to life forever, and never age.
Tue 24/07/01 at 17:12
Regular
cooldogs wrote:
> I want to life forever, and never age.

Why? In 80 years your friends will (probably) dead. Your parents will be dead. Your brothers and sisters will be dead.

Do you really want to stay alive for ever?

I don't. You'd watch everything around you die. You could never have a relationship as your partner would get old and die while you'd stay the same age forever.

Immortality? No thnaks!
Tue 24/07/01 at 17:14
I dont mean that I want to live forever, while everything else dies. I want to live forever, because I have no desire to die. I dont just want me to live forever, I want everybody to live forever, and never die.
Tue 24/07/01 at 17:16
Regular
cooldogs wrote:
I want everybody to live forever, and never
> die.

But if nothing died, we'd be stuffed!

We couldn't eat anything, as whatever we try to kill wouldn't die. The world would become over populated, full of people who were REALLY hungry, that couldn't die.
Tue 24/07/01 at 17:32
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Don't forget if no one died the birth rate would get higher and higher and the death rate would be non-existent. We would end up overcrowded and crushed.
Tue 24/07/01 at 20:38
I dont think any amount of time can ever be enough ! there's just so much a person can do and experience that a lifetime is not enough. Having said that, some people don't even try and use the time they have so its hard to judge.

Immortality would be a great thing, and when the secret is discovered in the future it will change the human race forever. Some religions which belive in the concepts of past lives would argue we are all immortal anyway !

With the popularity of Buffy and other tings vampire the idea of immortality, and its cost, is certainly one that is on many peoples minds. Sure, you get eternity but at what cost ?

Really it is an idea not worth thinking about, because we all get a lifetime and our own achievements plus what we do with our lives can make us immortal. People like Shakespeare, Churchill, Edison; they're all gone but we know their names.
Tue 24/07/01 at 20:40
As long as i can still have sex and skin up, i'll be a happy man whatever age i may be
Wed 25/07/01 at 00:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Who wants to live forever?
Who dares to love forever?
When love must die?

But touch my tears with your lips
Touch my world with your fingertips
And we can have forever
And we can love forever
Forever is our today
Who wants to live forever
Who wants to live forever?
Forever is our today

Who waits forever anyway?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.