GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 12:38
Regular
...find it just slightly annoying that America gets games like TOCA 2 and Hitman Contracts a good week before Europe?

These are European games for fook sake, published by European companies but they still get the sodding things before us. How does that even work?It was the same with Project Gotham 2 and many others, it's total garbage that doesn't make any logical sense.

I can understand the US getting Jap and American games first, but we're getting shafted on release dates by even our own home grown companies. Just to top it off we'll also end up paying twice the price that the Americans do, this BS has gotta stop.
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:16
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm almost certain we got PGR2 before the US..might be wrong, but I had it a week early anyway, good old comet!
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:11
Regular
America got Perfect Dark about a month before us, and that was made just 100 miles from where I live.

They get their title out in US first because that's where the most money is.
Thu 15/04/04 at 20:03
Regular
Oh joy. Harry Potter.
Thu 15/04/04 at 19:41
Regular
": ("
We got Harry Potter before the Yankey Doodles.
:P
Thu 15/04/04 at 16:12
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
it looks great and American reviews have been good, 12 players on Live per race, roll on next Friday.
Thu 15/04/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Touched!"
Can't wait for TOCA :D anyone else picking this up?
Thu 15/04/04 at 13:31
Regular
Not really, 1 week is nothing. Stuff like Ninja Gaiden getting released 6 weeks before the UK is a bit piecing but 1 week for Hitman Contracts is nothing realy.
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:41
Regular
Plus, the yanks will have more practise on the online portions and will own by the time you get it.

Dirty. Europe gets shafted all the time
Thu 15/04/04 at 12:38
Regular
...find it just slightly annoying that America gets games like TOCA 2 and Hitman Contracts a good week before Europe?

These are European games for fook sake, published by European companies but they still get the sodding things before us. How does that even work?It was the same with Project Gotham 2 and many others, it's total garbage that doesn't make any logical sense.

I can understand the US getting Jap and American games first, but we're getting shafted on release dates by even our own home grown companies. Just to top it off we'll also end up paying twice the price that the Americans do, this BS has gotta stop.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.