GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Third Party Controllers?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/04/04 at 19:44
Regular
Hi. Thanks to SR's very generous 4 game bundle, I'm now the proud owner of an Xbox after being a Nintendo zealot. Although, technically, I still am...

Unfortunately, I didn't get any extra controllers in the package, and was looking to pick up several cheap third party jobs for multiplayer Halo etc.

I've been looking at the Neo S Advanced Controller and I was wondering if anyone has it and would like to give me an opinion on it? If not, any other suggestions for cheap pads?

Thanks. I hope to be in here a lot more often from now on. Please accept me :^)
Fri 30/04/04 at 18:25
Regular
"object"
i have a very good third party controller its made by mad catz and its called micro con its better than the oficial 1
Fri 16/04/04 at 17:18
Regular
"Optical"
but if you have an offical one and you only have rubbish ones for mates you have the advantage
Thu 15/04/04 at 22:40
Regular
the unnofficial controllers are realy uncomfortable to use.we havent got any for our xbox and i dont plan to buy any
Thu 15/04/04 at 22:37
Regular
Hi,

I have got two Neo S Advanced Controllers, 1 official orig controller, 1 official S controller. For your mates for multiplayer they'll do the job. Quite rightly they are no where near as good as the official ones but they do the job for the price. They are a good size and have the all the right buttons, the only problem i found is that on one of mine, the rubber on the left thumbstick has broken and come off. Not sure if its due to the design/materials or just my mates heavy handedness.
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:31
Regular
"Optical"
thats all true but for your mates to use and throw about and not use all the time does it matter as long as he has an offical one? saying that i have 5 and 4 are offical ones
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Touched!"
Stick with the official pads, better quality and you get what you pay for.
Thu 15/04/04 at 20:38
Regular
Advice: Don't buy third party controllers. They're inferior beyond belief.
Thu 15/04/04 at 19:48
Regular
"Optical"
if its just for your mates toys r us had some for £5 the other day in clear blue or green i got one just to see if it was any good its big but seems to work fine but the trigger buttons make a funny noise
Thu 15/04/04 at 19:44
Regular
Hi. Thanks to SR's very generous 4 game bundle, I'm now the proud owner of an Xbox after being a Nintendo zealot. Although, technically, I still am...

Unfortunately, I didn't get any extra controllers in the package, and was looking to pick up several cheap third party jobs for multiplayer Halo etc.

I've been looking at the Neo S Advanced Controller and I was wondering if anyone has it and would like to give me an opinion on it? If not, any other suggestions for cheap pads?

Thanks. I hope to be in here a lot more often from now on. Please accept me :^)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.