GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Japanese PS2 DVD driver update"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/07/01 at 13:12
Regular
From IGN - http://ps2.ign.com/news/36794.html

--- Start ---

In an interesting side note to the recent release of the HDD hard drive/network adapter peripheral for PlayStation 2 in Japan, several news sources have reported that the HDD Utility Disk, which installs the drivers and frontend for the device, also upgrades the DVD player drivers to version 2.10. The new version is somewhat larger than the older, and appears to take a bit longer to load a movie, but no other changes in performance have been reported.

--- End ---

The US are waiting to see if their HDD unit does the same; I suppose we'll have to wait and see too!
Tue 24/07/01 at 13:12
"High polygon count"
From IGN - http://ps2.ign.com/news/36794.html

--- Start ---

In an interesting side note to the recent release of the HDD hard drive/network adapter peripheral for PlayStation 2 in Japan, several news sources have reported that the HDD Utility Disk, which installs the drivers and frontend for the device, also upgrades the DVD player drivers to version 2.10. The new version is somewhat larger than the older, and appears to take a bit longer to load a movie, but no other changes in performance have been reported.

--- End ---

The US are waiting to see if their HDD unit does the same; I suppose we'll have to wait and see too!
Tue 24/07/01 at 13:51
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Whats the point in that then?
Tue 24/07/01 at 14:15
"High polygon count"
While performance may not be enhanced, it's possible that some issues have been resolved which previously prevented certain DVD's from playing.
Tue 24/07/01 at 14:29
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Maybe the UK one will have an update to stop DVD Region X from working.....? hope not :(
Tue 24/07/01 at 16:05
Regular
"Back For Good"
I hope i can download sommin to boot metal gear solid special missions up.

had for erm about 10 months now and have NEVER played it.
Tue 24/07/01 at 16:07
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Did you shoot the deputy too?
Tue 24/07/01 at 19:08
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yeah but there werent too many DVD's that didnt actually work on PS2. I mean it was THE World Is Not Enough, Toy Story 2, Wallace and Grommit and something else.

Cant see the point actually
Wed 25/07/01 at 01:58
Triple_H wrote:
> Yeah but there werent too many DVD's that didnt actually work on
> PS2. I mean it was THE World Is Not Enough, Toy Story 2, Wallace and
> Grommit and something else.

Cant see the point actually

'The Blair Witch Project' doesn't work at all on PS2, but the Region X thing kind of get's it on the screen if you select region 2, but with many flaws, i.e very bad digital interfearence, or sometimes not even getting passed the 'pathe' opening. I also notice that if it does mess up using the region x it resets all the dvd settings.
Wed 25/07/01 at 19:09
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Has anyone got that DVD Region X. Does it work and is the quality of multiregion DVD's any good??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.