GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Tick"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/07/01 at 12:00
Regular
A couple of weeks ago I was answering a question about the antics of the SR News Monkey and ended up on an apparently deranged rant about time travelling monkeys. Contrary to appearances, I had not 'lost it' but was actually referencing the greatest cartoon of all time.

Tell me I'm not the only one who fondly remembers 'The Tick', the superhero who swam against the tide of evil like a giant blue salmon!

Does anyone out there remember The Tick? Any favourite quotes?

This topic is probably doomed to obscurity but, hey... Spoooooon!
Tue 24/07/01 at 16:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Does anyone remember on cartoon network years ago when they premiered Dexter's Lab and the Powerpuff Girls on a programme called what a cartoon. The theme tune kicked botty.
Tue 24/07/01 at 15:56
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Yeah, I can't remember his name but I think the dinasaur was Arthur's sister's fiancee.

Another great episode was Tick vs Education where he taught super-heroing at night school. The best of the pupil's battle cries being "It's OK to play with dolls!".
Tue 24/07/01 at 15:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I remember when they made the giant pair of trousers for that dinosaur and it stopped it rampaging
Tue 24/07/01 at 12:18
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
I always found Arthur rather adorable. All pudgey and cuddly.

Not like that though! Any unnatural and disturbing feelings I ever had for cartoon characters were reserved for Dot Warner.
Tue 24/07/01 at 12:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Arthur.

One of the best sidekicks ever. Half-man,half moth
Tue 24/07/01 at 12:10
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
For an example of The Tick's genius, how about the episode where he woke up with a stylish moustache. Cue fantastic scenes of the Tick proudly strutting through the streets to the theme from Shaft. Of course, the moustache turned out to be a dangerous parasite leading to one of the greatest fight scenes of all time, culminating with the magical:

"Arthur! My moustache is touching my brain"
Tue 24/07/01 at 12:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
El Seed

The greatest cartoon villain ever.
Fact

The Civic Minded 5

Die Fleidermouse
Feral Boy

er..and some others.
Tue 24/07/01 at 12:07
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Best Arthur quote:

Not in the face! Not in the face!
Tue 24/07/01 at 12:04
I remember the tick!

SPOOOOOOON was my tagline for a bit.

I liked Arthur, he was good.
Tue 24/07/01 at 12:00
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
A couple of weeks ago I was answering a question about the antics of the SR News Monkey and ended up on an apparently deranged rant about time travelling monkeys. Contrary to appearances, I had not 'lost it' but was actually referencing the greatest cartoon of all time.

Tell me I'm not the only one who fondly remembers 'The Tick', the superhero who swam against the tide of evil like a giant blue salmon!

Does anyone out there remember The Tick? Any favourite quotes?

This topic is probably doomed to obscurity but, hey... Spoooooon!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.