GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Full Spectrum Warrior..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Full Spectrum Warrior'.
Fri 16/04/04 at 13:38
Regular
Anyone getting this for LIVE? Just been watching some videos of it and have read a fair bit since it was announced and it's shaping up very nicely indeed. Looks like a perfect cross between Rainbow Six 3 and Conflict Desert Storm leaning more towards the former. The engine is based on the same one they use for simulated army training for the US forces so you will most likely score points for friendly fire.

I can see it being a 3rd person Rainbow Six 3 on LIVE however the single player looks almost completely tactical which is a big plus for me as I am a huge fan of tactical shooters.

If no one is getting it or isn't planning on getting it I will probably grab the PC version instead although due for an early summer release I can imagine it being a VERY popular LIVE game and certainly a silent hit for the year.

Role on July 7th!
Fri 16/04/04 at 13:38
Regular
Anyone getting this for LIVE? Just been watching some videos of it and have read a fair bit since it was announced and it's shaping up very nicely indeed. Looks like a perfect cross between Rainbow Six 3 and Conflict Desert Storm leaning more towards the former. The engine is based on the same one they use for simulated army training for the US forces so you will most likely score points for friendly fire.

I can see it being a 3rd person Rainbow Six 3 on LIVE however the single player looks almost completely tactical which is a big plus for me as I am a huge fan of tactical shooters.

If no one is getting it or isn't planning on getting it I will probably grab the PC version instead although due for an early summer release I can imagine it being a VERY popular LIVE game and certainly a silent hit for the year.

Role on July 7th!
Fri 16/04/04 at 13:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Looks a bit too realistic to me. I might get it, if I can be bothered.
Fri 16/04/04 at 13:43
Regular
It's to be hoped it is realistic seeing as it's taken from a US Army training simulation ;)
Fri 16/04/04 at 13:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh great. I suspect many stereotpyical Americans on it, training for when they country is violated again. Evil foreigners, especially the French and Islams!
Fri 16/04/04 at 15:01
Regular
"Touched!"
Haven't seen much of this, but as it's got Live play I'll keep my eye on it!
Fri 16/04/04 at 15:43
Regular
": ("
If i get some extra money from somewhere, i'll get it but right now my heart is set on the following:

PES4
Football Manager 2005
Halo 2
And all the other BIG games i've missed.
Fri 16/04/04 at 15:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
This does look VERY good actually. Saw some TV footage the other day, and it looks pretty enough. Hope the gameplay is up to scratch though.
Fri 16/04/04 at 17:55
Regular
"8==="
Isn't this the one where you can only order your team about, not play as them?

Still sounds good.
Fri 16/04/04 at 23:12
Regular
Ah yeah, this looks excellent.

Providing it gets good reviews, I'll be getting it.
Wed 21/04/04 at 12:48
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I'm gonna get it as I love war games and playing it co-op with my bro. However, you don't actually control any of the people, you just command them. It's kind of an advanced 3D command and conquer with 8 people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.