GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"society coming to an end"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/07/01 at 23:34
Regular
I typed out this great debate for my firtst question and lost it when i accidentally closed explorer!

so basically.
Violent crime on the rise and becoming more violent.
Eg a little while ago 70 year old woman being beaten to death by 15 year old girls for about 50 quid.

Youth culture.
If you dont go out every night get drunk out of your head or stoned and get hold of as many of the opposite sex as possible and you in fact find this to be a little sad your not normal?
No offence but every night and with anything?
Being rude and offensive with no manners to just about anyone and not showing any kind of remorse for th things you say and do that hurt others?

The numerous amounts of divorces etc in the world these days. Divorce is now considered a normal thing to do.
with what 1 in 3 marrages failing?? how??

Has society progresed at over teh last 300 years or indeed even further back?

Our technological no how has increased etc but many still act the same as they did hundreds of years ago.
Has the only thing thats changed been the surroundings and teh physical world in which we live?

This is my first post so
dont be shy reply!!
Wed 25/07/01 at 20:40
I agree with the original post, society has changed for the worse, but I don't agree that it is a downward spiral. If anything I think we're pretty close to the bottom and are heading back up again. Yes, swearing is very common, youth culture is that if you dont go out and get drunk e.t.c every night then you're sad, and so on. Rising crime, wars, hatred, all the bad parts of the bible and more !

I don't go out drinking at all, because I hate alcohol. When I was at 6th form some thought that rahter sad, and I didn't care, and still don't. Why ? They all failed A levels/first year Uni and are moping around the local town looking like losers. Me ? Took a gap year, earned a pile of cash, got a decent part time job and going to a good Uni in September.

Its easy to look at the news and think "its all gone to hell", but it hasn't. The crime is being detected, wars are being ended, a backlash against youth crime is starting to appear slowly. Yes, the sounds of sirens are still common in Uk cities/towns, but we should all be more worried when we hear no sirens.... One thing I read a while ago kinda sums this up, it was in Peter De La Billiere's autobiography. He was on the Falkland Islands and asked a couple if the sound of airforce planes all day was annoying. They replied "that is the sound of freedom".

Don't give up on this world just yet, its seen far darker times !
Wed 25/07/01 at 09:28
that post was VERY badly worded! lol
Wed 25/07/01 at 09:27
Having an annoy whats going on around me as long as im anjoying my self is i think part of the problem.
Im not saying about you but that kind of attitude is normally had by the wrong type of people the sought who dont care about teh consequences of there actions and dont think about what they do and how it afffects others.
Wed 25/07/01 at 09:02
Regular
You say you would spend the Mars money on healing the earth. Well more money is being spent on projects to help us every day. Technilogical solutions like carbon dioxide to oxygen machines and checmicals to help the ozone layer. You never know, we might find something to help the earth on mars.

I agree that society is becoming more brash nowadays and I don't agree with some of the language down the pub but I just think:

'I'm here to enjoy myself so lets just ignore it'

Just enjoy life. If you want to go down the pub every night then do. If not then don't. It's up to you.
Tue 24/07/01 at 03:28
There is a saying, and it comes from the bad guys & girls of Star Trek......The Borg.
And it isn't "resistance is futile" it is "you/we will adapt"
The human race will have no choice but to adapt to the world we live in, we have created alot of good & evil in this world and we just have to put up and shut up with it.

The worlds resource's are dwindiling and most people want to change this by finding different versions or varients of fuels, our rainforest's are being cut down, people are killing each other for little more than being from a different place or believing in a different god, but here we are living out our lives and to be honest....not caring!

You ask someone living on the street if he/she wants to save the rainforest, i bet they'd rather have a hot meal or somewhere warm to stay.

I think the human race will continue under the charade of not really caring because it won't effect them until it's to late, everyone will start caring when things go drasticaly wrong, and they will adapt, the rich will continue to become richer and poorer will continue to suffer.

There is millions of pounds/dollars being spent on getting to Mars and space exploration, if I were chief dude of the earth i'd use the money to heal earth before we go out and find other worlds to trash.

The human race is selfish, most of us only care about our own personal gain, and look at someone who was different and cared? he got put on a cross......if you believe in it.

We seem to have a gene in us to ultimatley destroy ourselves and our surroundings, until the human race evolves then we just have to get on with what we've got and try and make the best of what time we have.......we will adapt!

Well this is the end of my speech, i apologise to those i've bored, this is my views and i hope i haven't offended anyone, this is SickMan (up late cos he can't sleep) signing off:)
Tue 24/07/01 at 00:14
Regular
this world aint gonna last forever. All we are doing is going round in circles. all will end in due course. What da hell are we gonna do when we run out of Oil? The global average temperature is rising every year. its becoming the normal for Britiain to be flooded every year. the polar ice caps are melting. we are all screwed
Mon 23/07/01 at 23:34
I typed out this great debate for my firtst question and lost it when i accidentally closed explorer!

so basically.
Violent crime on the rise and becoming more violent.
Eg a little while ago 70 year old woman being beaten to death by 15 year old girls for about 50 quid.

Youth culture.
If you dont go out every night get drunk out of your head or stoned and get hold of as many of the opposite sex as possible and you in fact find this to be a little sad your not normal?
No offence but every night and with anything?
Being rude and offensive with no manners to just about anyone and not showing any kind of remorse for th things you say and do that hurt others?

The numerous amounts of divorces etc in the world these days. Divorce is now considered a normal thing to do.
with what 1 in 3 marrages failing?? how??

Has society progresed at over teh last 300 years or indeed even further back?

Our technological no how has increased etc but many still act the same as they did hundreds of years ago.
Has the only thing thats changed been the surroundings and teh physical world in which we live?

This is my first post so
dont be shy reply!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.