GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wookie, some advice please! (USB Keyboard)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/07/01 at 20:16
Regular
Since it's going to be a fiar time before the official PS2 k/board, and the fact that it'll be packaged with a mouse and stuff, I'm looking to buy a good USB k/board now.

Can you reccomend any? I know you had some problems with your Datel one, whats the status on that?
Wed 25/07/01 at 11:32
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It was in a PSM2 a few months ago.

I'll have a look around for it on the net
Wed 25/07/01 at 09:42
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Can you post where you got the info? Thanx!
Wed 25/07/01 at 09:36
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Anyone else interested in that Linux pack they are releasing in Japan? A keyboard, mouse and a disc with linuc on it. Its the new Yarose, and its capable of coding PS2 games at PS2 standard, yet they say its only getting 2000 copies and they all are going to japan.

The mags say that if we complain enough for a UK release we might get one.

Any ideas?
Mon 23/07/01 at 21:03
The future of PS2 looks to be a bright one.
Mon 23/07/01 at 21:00
"High polygon count"
Not at the moment... though I'd imagine it'll coincide with the HDD/broadband units in Japan. Whether we'll get it around the same time or have to wait, I'm not sure.
Mon 23/07/01 at 20:45
Thanks for the advice. I am also buying it for YABasic, so that;s off the list now. =¬)

Any idea when the keyboard/mouse are coming?
Mon 23/07/01 at 20:36
"High polygon count"
Okay, the story with the Datel USB keyboard...

In short - the box claims 100% PS2 compatible. It's not.

I bought a keyboard in Game - spur-of-the-moment purchase - solely to use with YABASIC. I got it home, and every key typed multiple copies of its letter when pressed.

Assuming it was faulty, I took it back the following week and they swapped it for a new one... same problem.

I e-mailed Datel, and they basically said "yes, it's a known problem - it doesn't work with YABASIC - sorry". So I printed the e-mail off, took it with me to Game, explained that I only bought it for YABASIC, and they gave me my money back.

Apparenlty it does work with games like Unreal Tournament, but I don't have that. As for working with other software, I can't say. But as USB is supposedly a standard, I don't see why it shouldn't work.

That's two unofficial products I've tried since owning a PlayStation (the first being a PS1 memory card) and both have failed miserably.

I can't recommend any other keyboards purely because I haven't tried any; I'm waiting for the official keyboard and mouse.

Basically, my advice is: stick with official Sony peripherals (even if it means waiting for a while) and you shouldn't have any problems.
Mon 23/07/01 at 20:24
That's what I'm doing...

I'm just looking for a decent cheap one.
Mon 23/07/01 at 20:17
Regular
Wont any USB keyboard do the job, if you are looking into buying the official one, just go for something cheap at the moment.
Mon 23/07/01 at 20:16
Since it's going to be a fiar time before the official PS2 k/board, and the fact that it'll be packaged with a mouse and stuff, I'm looking to buy a good USB k/board now.

Can you reccomend any? I know you had some problems with your Datel one, whats the status on that?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.