GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo 64 ..... :-("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/04/04 at 11:06
Regular
This really annoys me with the nintendo company, and thats since they have brought out the Gameboy Advance and the GameCube, the have just thrown away the N64 into the corner, and not bothered with it anymore.
Those people that have bought one, have only to find out that it's games have vanished from the shelves of local shops. This console has got to be 1 of the best i've ever had, with maybe not the best graphics, and not the cheapest of games, its seems such as waste to just forget about it. The games on it were, i'd have to say the most longest, most fun and exciting i've ever played on, like Zelda: Ocarina of Time. This game has got to be one of my fave's, because it just seems like an ongoing adventure when you play it. I think personally they shouldn't have scrapped this console, but carried it on, even though it would be getting on a bit. What do you think?
Sun 09/05/04 at 22:08
Regular
The latest one I had was Conker's Bad Fur Day.
Sun 09/05/04 at 13:26
Regular
"??????"
What was the last ever N64 game?

The latest one I have was Paper Mario.
Mon 03/05/04 at 11:47
Regular
The N64 had to go because it couldn't handle the games no more.

Perfect Dark, Banjo Tooiee, Conker's Bad Fur Day, all were held back by the N64's lack of power.

But yeah, the N64 was the era when Nintendo and Rare had it in them to put their all into the game and produce something that would turn the whole world on it's head.

Mario 64, Goldeneye, Zelda: Oracarina of Time.

There's been nothing like them since!
Sun 02/05/04 at 23:59
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
N64 was great. Goldeneye 4 player on complex. Facilty. Some memories in there..

Jesus those times were good..
Sun 02/05/04 at 20:30
Regular
"Boo - Yah"
I love my N64 I have just got Conkers BFD on ebay and Its great !!!!!

Nintendo has lost its good games when they lost rare and when they made the Zelda the Wind waker that was noting like the N64 zeldes which where the best. The GC is not as good as the N64 and never will be !!!!

Out of all the concels I have got (N64, xbox, GC and PS2)the N64 is still best !!!!!!!!!!!!

N64 rules
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:40
Regular
"??????"
I still play on my N64.

Shamefully, I'm still not even halfway through Pokemon Stadium... :(
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well, would you prefer they released older games on an older console, with blockier graphics, less space, and more technical faults?

Don't get me wrong, the N64 was a brilliant console back in its day, and sometimes I still play some of the better games. But it's in the past now. As good as games like Goldeneye, Mario 64 and ISS98 are, there are games around nowadays which can offer a whole new level of enjoyment.
Sun 18/04/04 at 12:59
Regular
No that be Majora's Mask.
Sun 18/04/04 at 11:38
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Funny you should mention this! I've only just bought a second-Hand N64, two controllers, Perfect Dark + Expansion Pak, Mario 64, Goldeneye, Mario Tennis, Donkey Kong 64, Conkers Bad Fur Day and Track and field Summer Games for around £100! The last 3 i couldn't find anywhere so i had to spend a little bit more then normal on them because there so RARE! I'm having so much fun with it it's unbelieveable i've even stopped playing my Gamecube and Harvest Moon: AWl to go back to the Superb Mario 64 and still fantastic and best multiplayer game: Goldeneye, I have to say the N64 has aged well! I LOVE IT!!! :-)

I do understand what you mean though, but you must remember gamers want to keep looking ahead to the future! It would be a waste of time and money for Nintendo to start producing new games for the N64! The back-catalogue of N64 is quite big anyway so you could keep looking out for second-hand N64 which you have never played before!

Oh and Ocarina of time, is still the BEST game ever-made! :-)
Sun 18/04/04 at 11:21
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I loved my N64 and I still play it every once in a while but I think it was it's time to go. The Gamecube is better and has better graphics and there would be no point releasing a Gamcube if the N64 was still releasing games. I agree with your point about Zelda: The Orcarina of Time. It was one of the best games I've ever played and it was probably the best Nintendo 64 game ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.