GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas Past - A Christmas Story from 2006"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/12/09 at 15:42
"possibly impossible"
Christmas Past - First published on forums in 2006

I look at the Bauble opposite me and think back to the beginning of this wonderful time of year. It’s been a good Christmas, really. The whole family were here, everyone was happy and spirits were raised.

Little Tommy was delighted with his football shirt and new gloves. It was all mum could do to keep him from going outside in his pyjamas. Katie’s face lit up when she saw the dolls house that dad had made her. I watched him slave over it while I was in the garage and I could tell straight away that all the work was worth it. Even the baby, Sarah, had fun being chased around by Tommy’s new Fire Engine.

Gran had a good time too, in between moaning about Tommy’s new drum making such a noise and nothing decent being on telly these days. But she had to laugh when the dog came in during Songs of Praise and started singing along.

Thinking back, I think it was one of the best Christmases ever. I’d made a good entrance myself, everyone gasping when I came out. Well, you have to make an effort, don’t you?! Of course, this end of the celebrations I tend to be a bit forgotten, but then they’ve all got far more on their mind, clearing away and thinking about going back to work.

I think a little bit of Christmas magic is just what everyone needed as we reach the end of the year. They all seem so much happier now, though how long it will last is anyone’s guess. I feel like I’ve been part of that magic too. It’s nice to feel part of something so wonderful.

Oh well. Another year and another Christmas gone, just like that. I sit in my box, opposite the tinsel and Baubles and get myself comfy for the long wait ahead. I’m looking forward to being on top of the tree next year already!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 14/12/09 at 15:42
"possibly impossible"
Christmas Past - First published on forums in 2006

I look at the Bauble opposite me and think back to the beginning of this wonderful time of year. It’s been a good Christmas, really. The whole family were here, everyone was happy and spirits were raised.

Little Tommy was delighted with his football shirt and new gloves. It was all mum could do to keep him from going outside in his pyjamas. Katie’s face lit up when she saw the dolls house that dad had made her. I watched him slave over it while I was in the garage and I could tell straight away that all the work was worth it. Even the baby, Sarah, had fun being chased around by Tommy’s new Fire Engine.

Gran had a good time too, in between moaning about Tommy’s new drum making such a noise and nothing decent being on telly these days. But she had to laugh when the dog came in during Songs of Praise and started singing along.

Thinking back, I think it was one of the best Christmases ever. I’d made a good entrance myself, everyone gasping when I came out. Well, you have to make an effort, don’t you?! Of course, this end of the celebrations I tend to be a bit forgotten, but then they’ve all got far more on their mind, clearing away and thinking about going back to work.

I think a little bit of Christmas magic is just what everyone needed as we reach the end of the year. They all seem so much happier now, though how long it will last is anyone’s guess. I feel like I’ve been part of that magic too. It’s nice to feel part of something so wonderful.

Oh well. Another year and another Christmas gone, just like that. I sit in my box, opposite the tinsel and Baubles and get myself comfy for the long wait ahead. I’m looking forward to being on top of the tree next year already!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.